Chapter 10

"Ross, go ahead with Laura. I'll be at a restaurant with Mr. Marano. Have Laura text us to meet us back here when you are ready."

Ross nods and goes into the limo and watches Laura as she looks away from him. "Laura?" Ross says.

Laura doesn't look at him. She doesn't even acknowledge his presence. The limo starts moving.

"Laura," Ross repeats. When Laura doesn't answer, he slides close to her. "Why are you ignoring me?"

Laura looks at him, noticing that he was close to her. She honestly didn't know why she was ignoring Ross. Because it made absolutely no sense.

"What?" Ross says because Laura was basically staring at him.

Laura turns her body toward Ross to face him. "We... Kissed." She says.

Ross looks into her eyes, intently. "So?"

Laura squints at him. "So? So, that's wrong. Friends are not supposed to kiss." She says.

"Um, friends do kiss. That's what makes them more than friends." Ross argues.

Laura feels taken aback. "What are you saying, Ross?" Laura says.

Ross' eyes widen and he looks away. "N-Nothing. I was just stating a fact."

Laura studies Ross. "Let's not talk about it."

Ross doesn't look at her. He wanted to about it. He wanted to talk about their kiss for the rest of his life. He couldn't wait to tell his siblings.

"Ross? What's wrong?' Laura says.

Ross glances at her. "Nothing."

Laura sighs silently to herself and turns the other way facing Ross. She hopes he wasn't going to ignore her for days... Like last time. Well, if he was, then she would play that game too.

Laura looks at her phone and scrolls through pictures and conversations. Before she knew it, the limo stops and Ross gets out, closing the door behind him. Was he just going to leave her?

Laura hurries to put her phone in her pocket and slides over to the door on her side. She is just about to open the door when Ross opens it for her, holding out his hand.

Laura looks hesitantly at his hand but then, takes it and he helps her out of the car. Ross may be kinda mad for some reason, but he could never stop being the romantic that he always is. "Thanks." Laura says to Ross.

"No problem." He replies, quietly. Their gaze locks as he lets go of her hand. Then, he starts walking to the restaurant. Laura follows behind him.

They tell the waiter 'table for two' and he waggles his eyebrows at them. "You two are from Austin & Ally. My daughters love your show."

Laura takes the talking part of the job as usual. "Aww, that's great."

"Yeah... Are you two on a date?" He asks.

"No!" Ross and Laura both say together, quickly. They nervously look at each other and then look away.

"Hmm... Okay, your table is that way."

Ross and Laura sit down at their table, far from any other people in this expensive restaurant. Ross doesn't look at her and Laura doesn't look at him.

Laura sneaks a couple of glances at him and breaks. "Okay, i'm done. How are we supposed to 'hang out' if we have this awkward silence between us?"