Chapter 19

As Laura puts on some makeup and shiny pink lipgloss, she looks at her dress. It reminded her of Ross because everyone knows yellow is his favorite color.

She was definitely thinking of him when she picked it out that day. Heck, she thought of Ross all the time. Even now, as Laura wondered if Ross saw it and how he felt about her text.

Laura's eyes begin to water. But, she dries them quickly before her tears smear her makeup.

Laura had to move on. But, she couldn't. Ross had an amazing personality and he is soo attractive.

She fixes her hair in a unique way so that her straight hair falls down on her shoulders in a silky curtain. Under her hair, she puts in yellow eighth note earrings. As she puts her yellow hair band in, the doorbell rings.

Laura glances at the clock. It was 7:21. Brandon wasn't supposed too be here for another half an hour.

"Laura!" Her mom calls. "Brandon is here!"

Laura makes sure her hair is fixed and she hurries downstairs.

Her eyes narrow at his outfit. He was wearing a plain red polo shirt and beige khaki shorts.

Laura goes over to him. "What? Why aren't you wearing a suit?" She asks him.

Brandon holds a box. He basically ignores her question. "Here are your shoes, they were on the front porch." He says giving her the box.

Laura takes it from him and opens the box to put on her yellow heels. "Wait, are you not going?" She asks, hesitantly.

Brandon stuffs his hands in his pockets and nods. "Yeah, I decided i didn't want to go anymore. I got a few of my friends who didn't want to go and were going to a water park instead."

Laura puts on her heels. She didn't know what to say.

Brandon breaks the silence between them and takes out three tickets. "Here, maybe you have some friends who would like to go."

Laura takes the tickets. "Okay. Thank you."

Brandon leaves and Laura sits down on a chair in their dining room.

Her whole family watched and their jaws dropped. "Oh my god." Vanessa says, looking out the window with the rest of her family. "I don't believe it."

Laura sighs. "Well, believe it. I just got dumped and i'm going alone to prom."

"No, not that!" Her mom says, excitedly. "Look at who's at the door."

"Guys, i'm not in the mood for pranks." Laura says, sternly.

"Laura, why don't you get the door?" Her dad suggests.

Laura sighs and gets up as someone knocks on the door. She opens the door and sees him.

Ross Shor Lynch.

Laura's eyes widen. "Ross!"

He smiles at her and pulls her in for a hug. "Hey, Laur." He says. "You look so beautiful."

"Thanks." She says, pulling away. "You do too." Laura tells him eying his suit and his yellow tie. His hair was blow dried to look neater. "Why are you dressed up anyways?"

He smiles at her. "Thanks. I was going to go to a dinner but, instead i came here."

Did he get the text or not? "What are you doing here?" She asks him, allowing him to come in.