Chapter 15

Ross finally got home and slammed the door closed behind him. Rydel and Ratliff jump at the noise and Rydel spills her drink all over the sofa. "Ugh, Ross!" She says, getting up.

Ratliff looks at Ross. "Did your little date with Laura not go well?" He asks him.

Ross sits on the arm rest of the sofa, facing Ratliff. He rubs his eyes, tiredly. "Well, kind of. We had fun and kissed again."

Rydel looks up at Ross from trying to clean the sofa. "You guys kissed! Again! Oh my god! Why aren't you freaking out about this!?" She yells.

Just then, Ryland comes halfway down the stairs. "Guys, do you mind? Most of the people in the house are trying to sleep." He says and then goes back upstairs.

"Someone's cranky." Ratliff mutters.

They turn their attention back to Ross. "So, why are you so mad?" Rydel asks.

"Did she say that she doesn't like you like that?" Ratliff asks.

"No, i asked her and she never answered because Brandon showed up." Ross replies.

"Really? He couldn't have picked a better time to pop in." Rydel says, rolling her eyes at the sarcasm.

"Exactly, she never answered me. But, turns out Laura really had something else to do after the concert. She completely left him hanging and hung out with me instead." Ross says, smirking a little.

"So, she didn't tell him anything about not going? She just let him go alone?" Ratliff says, starting to laugh.

Ross smiles. "Yeah."

Rydel hits Ratliff when he starts to laugh. "Stop, Ratliff! That isn't funny! What if you were Brandon in that same situation?" She asks him.

"Honestly, i would stop trying." Ratliff says, causing Ross to laugh. Rydel rolls her eyes. "No, Rydel, tell me. If you were Brandon you'd give up." Ratliff says, nudging her arm.

"Well, yes, because Laura is perfect for Ross. But, maybe there's a reason he didn't give up yet."

"Rydel! You are not helping!" Ross yells.

"Be quiet. You have a better chance with her. You already found your soulmate." Rydel says, rolling her eyes.

"You have, too." Ross tells her, obviously referring to Ratliff.

"Shut up, Ross!" Rydel says, going into the kitchen.

"Who?" Ratliff asks him.

"She doesn't want anyone to know. I just so happened to find out." Ross says, proudly.

"I'm going to get it out of you." Ratliff threatens.

Ross thinks. "Wait, why do you care?" He asks, mischievously.

Ratliff rolls his eyes at Ross as Rydel comes back into the room. She studies them, cautiously. "What else happened, Ross?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Me and Brandon almost fought and now Laura's pissed off at both of us." Ross tells them.

"You would have won the fight." Ratliff says.

Rydel hits him. "I can see why she was mad. What do you thinks she's going to do about the whole prom thing?"

"I have no idea. Anyways, i'm tired and i want to go to sleep. So, night." Ross says as he starts to head upstairs.

"Night, Ross." They both say.

Rydel goes back to trying to clean the mess on the sofa.

Ratliff watches her. "You know that your making it worse, right?"

"I know."

"And you know that's where I was supposed to sleep, right?"

"I know." Rydel says and then sighs, giving up on trying to clean it. "Mom is going to kill me."

"Yep, your dead." Ratliff agrees. Rydel pushes him and he laughs. "You won't sleep on the couch and i won't let you sleep on the floor. Soo......"

"Yeah, i'll just call my parents to-." Ratliff starts but, Rydel cuts him off. "Nooo! It's too late and we have to get up early tomorrow. You can just sleep in my room."

"Your room? On the floor?" Ratliff says.

"My bed is pretty big." Rydel says. "I can sleep on the floor or whatever."

"No, you need your bed. We can share." Ratliff says.

Rydel feels herself blush. She nods and they head upstairs getting into Rydel's bed.

Ratliff sits up. "Are your parents going to be okay about this?"

Rydel sits up, too. "I mean, you're not doing anything weird. Plus, you have a girlfriend." She says.

Ratliff nods and is silent for a while. "Rydel, who's your soulmate that Ross was talking about?"

Rydel looks at him and then looks away. "Well, he was teasing me, referring to you. He's stupid." Rydel says, rolling her eyes.

"Why did he say that?" Ratliff says, raising his eyebrow.

Rydel wasn't as scared and denying like Laura was about liking guys. Rydel is pretty fearless. "Well, you know i used to like you. But, whatever." She says, and then straightens her bangs by shaking her head. It was no big deal.

Ratliff laughs. "Riiiiighht." He says, amused.

Rydel turns her body more toward him, causing her to be closer to him. "What are you laughing at?"

"Oh, nothing. I just used to like you too." Ratliff says.

Then weirdly, they end up kissing.

Ratliff pulls away. "Sorry. That was weird."

"It was... Let's not do that again." Rydel says, laughing.

"Agreed." Ratliff says.

---------------------------------------------

This chapter is mainly for all of you Rydellington shippers. Yeah, not my best chapter. -__-

Anyways, two more chapters left. (I added stuff!) I already have a name for the next story and i have a core idea on what it's going to be about. Raura, obviously.

Hey, you can follow me on instagram @allaboutraura. That would be awesome!

- Maia