Chapter 17

Prom is tomorrow.

Laura sat on her bed listening to Queen on her laptop as she scrolled through twitter.

She found out that apparently, Ross was up all night thinking. Raura fans sent her the tweet and figured he was thinking about her.

The scary thing is that there was a good chance that he was. Especially, after what happened that other night.

God, she was stuck in the middle of a freaking love triangle. Who was she going to choose in the end?

Laura looks at Brandon's twitter and sees he's been receiving a lot of hate from some of her fans. Mostly, the Raura fans.

And to make it worse, he was acknowledging it. Why did he reply to them?

There was a tweet from a Raura fan hating him. It said something like: I can't believe you are stealing Laura away from Ross! I hate you!

And of course Brandon had to reply like this: I've known her longer than he has.

How juvenile of him! Everyone knows not to respond to haters. Another tweet caught Laura's eye: Honestly, i think you are cooler than Ross. Don't tell him.

Brandon replied: this is between you and me.

Laura couldn't believe that a Raura fan would say that. Ross was much cooler than Brandon.

Umm, whoops.

Whatever, Laura is definitely taking sides now. She needed to end this little rivalry. But... That meant she would have to hurt one if them. And Brandon is probably going to be the one she hurts most.

How is she going to go with Brandon to Prom? Laura is extremely mad at him for almost punching Ross in the face.

She did know that Ross would have fought back. Things would not have gone well. Thank god, there was no paparazzi to destroy them. If people found out about the fight, Ross would start to lose some of his popularity and could be kicked off Austin & Ally.

Laura was also mad at Ross for encouraging the fight. Why did he want to fight him? Seriously, there was no point.

Laura looks at her phone and sees she has 12 messages from Ross in her inbox. She can't ignore him anymore. That first time she did, it almost ruined her friendship with him. Never again.

It was late afternoon. Is Ross doing anything? If she texted him, would he reply?

She decided to text back anyways: hi, what's up?

Laura sets down her phone and waits. A couple minutes later, Ross texts her back: i thought you were ignoring me again.

Laura: i'm not going to do that again.

Ross: okay... Are you still mad?

Laura: yeah, at both of you.

Ross: oh, i'm sorry. What are you going to do about tomorrow?

Laura: i'm not sure. I was thinking i just will not go even though i found a nice, expensive dress.

Ross: Laura, you can't just blow off Prom. Even though i was home-schooled, i know Prom happens only twice in your life. I never went to Prom but, i wish i could of... It's that one night you have tons of fun, hanging out with friends and make some of your own decisions. It won't matter that you don't have the perfect guy to dance with tomorrow. You need to spend time with your friends because some of them, you won't see next year. Forget about your love life and just have fun.

Laura stares at his text wanting to cry because he really cared about her and supported her so much. She knew Ross didn't like the fact she was going to go with Brandon. But, Ross seemed like he'd let that slide so she could have fun. She loved Ross soo much and it took her a lot of time to realize that Ross is the one she wants to be with.

Laura finally texts back: thanks, Ross. That really meant a lot. I'll go to Prom, but know that i'll think about you the whole time.

Ross smiles: thanks, i'm gonna need that. And you know i still want to see you in your dress.

Laura: i'll send you a pic before i leave tomorrow with all my makeup on and stuff. My heels are coming in the mail tomorrow.

Ross: make sure your heels are strong. If they break, i won't be there to catch you.

Laura laughs: i'll double check. Lol.

She presses send and starts to wish that she got another ticket. So, Ross could possibly come. But, no. He wasn't even in L.A.

Ross: i hope you have tons of fun.

Laura: i'll try. I kinda really want you here.

Ross smiles, sympathetically: you'll live, Laur.

Laura sighs. What if she doesn't live? She desperately needs Ross and wanted to tell him. Laura took a big leap into dare road.

Laura: i really need you, Ross. I like you a lot.

Before Laura knows what she's doing, she has already pressed send and the text zooms off to Ross phone.

What the heck did she just do?

Laura closes her eyes and falls down on her bed. Oh god.

Minutes pass and Ross still hasn't texted back. Laura gets worried. What if he doesn't feel the same way?

Ugh, Laura thinks she's stupid for saying that. What did she do?

An hour later, still no reply. Laura's eyes start to leak tears. What made her think Ross Lynch would really actually like her. How had she built up this much confidence?

Laura turns off her computer and her phone. There was no use.

She lays down on her bed, burying her face in her pillow. She came on too strong. Why did she make the first move?

Ross has never not replied to her without saying bye. Maybe, he didn't see the text? Laura started to panic.

There goes her friendship with him. She felt horrible, like a loser. The worst feeling ever.

She was definitely not going to forget this.

And neither would Ross.

---------------------------------------------

Omg! Why didn't Ross text back???

Sorry guys, i know you all don't like cliffhangers because i absolutely hate them.

Also, sorry i haven't updated in forever! You have no idea how busy i had been.

One more thing, my sister has a story called: 'Camp Complications'. It would be super awesome if you'd check that out and vote.

Hey... Could you vote my story too? Hehe, thanks a bunch.

- Maia