Chapter 5

Ross started walking toward the limo with his mom as Laura walked up behind him. "Ross!" She called. 

Ross turns around, just in time to be ready to catch Laura as she jumps into his arms. He staggered back a little, holding her close to him. "Laura!" He says, not being able to stop the spreading of the large grin across his face. 

"What?" Laura says. "I'm giving you your 'later' hug. It looks like you need it now. Plus, it's a goodbye hug, too." 

Ross laughs. "Nice," he says. "I scored a double." 

Laura laughs as she inhales Ross' scent. She wasn't going to be this close to him in a while. She wasn't going to smell this scent in a while. She couldn't let go of him. She wouldn't. Although she had a month if not seeing him, she still felt like she wanted to cry. 

They had been hugging for a while now. Ross wondered why Laura just wouldn't let go... Not that he tried to let go. He'd been trying to hold on to her as long as possible. Hopefully, no paparazzi would be sneaking anywhere nearby. 

Ross got worried after a while. "Laura? Are you okay?" 

Laura felt tears trying to build up in her eyes. Stubborn tear ducts. She figured that her voice would crack, so she lowered it to a faint whisper. "I'm fine, Ross." She says softly. 

"You sure? You never hung on to me this long." He says, making an effort to lighten the mood. 

Laura doesn't know what overcomes her. Tears leak out of her eyes. She squeezes her eyes shut and tightens her hold on Ross. 

Knowing Laura, Ross knows exactly what is wrong. "Laura, please don't cry. It's just a goodbye for now... Not forever. I'll see you at the RMDA's, remember? We can sit next to each other." Ross says, lightly. Heck, he felt terrible, too. 

Laura forced the tears to stop. It was amazing how one show built up their relationship. It was amazing how two years of hanging out everyday would make it hard to say goodbye... And only for a couple of weeks. Laura didn't know why she and Ross' relationship was a little bit stronger than her relationship with her other cast mates.  

"Sorry, Ross." Laura says, finally getting herself back in the zone. "I don't know why i'm acting like this."

Ross didn't care. He actually liked it. The only part he didn't like was Laura crying. He wanted her to miss him, to hang on to him. It made him feel like he was important to her. Like, she really liked him. "It's fine, Laur. I don't mind at all. You can hug me anytime for as long as you like." Ross says. Then, he thought that sounded pretty lame. Way to go, Lynch.

Laura laughs at how dorky Ross sounded.

"Thanks," she says, smiling. "You'll be the first i call when i need someone to hug."

"You better call me first." Ross says, causing Laura to laugh.

Laura sighs, letting Ross go. They look into each other's eyes for a while. Then, Ross lifts his hand up to her face and wipes the tears off of her cheeks with his fingers.

Laura's heart pounds madly inside her chest. She smiles at him. Ross would make a really great boyfriend. And this time, she didn't deny it. To any girl, he'd be such a sweetheart like how he is now.

"I'll text you." He says.

"Okay, see you at the RMDA's." Laura says.

Ross brings her in for a quick hug and lets go. "Bye, Laura."

. . .

"So, what was that about? Laura couldn't let go of you." Stormie says, nudging Ross on the plane.

Ross starts blushing. "Yeah, i know. She has never done that before. Not even when we left for LOUD tour."

"Do you think she started to like you?" Stormie says, getting all excited. Ross' heart starts to beat a million miles per second. "Do you think she likes me?" Ross asks his mom.

"I'm not sure but i think she's acting pretty weird around you. Maybe you should ask her." Stormie suggests.

"What!? No! What if she doesn't like me at all? What if that was what close friends do?"

"Honey, i know about close friends and that ain't what they do. You and Laura have some thing. And if you don't, keep yourself fresh in her mind. Call or text her everyday."

"Don't you think that is a little obsessive? Wouldn't you think she would start to realize i really like her?" Ross asks.

"Eh, i don't know. Maybe. But, that would be a good thing! Put your feelings out there! Tell her how you feel!"

"No, mom. Not yet. I need some time." Ross says.

Stormie rolls her eyes. "Kids these days."

. . .

Laura turned to her mom, who was staring at her with a creepy smile. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Laura asks, feeling a little creeped out.

"Your hug," she pauses. "With Ross."

Laura rolls her eyes. "That was nothing."

"Nothing, huh? You cried and held on to him for like ten minutes! You like Ross! You didn't want to let go! You didn't want to say goodbye! You wanted to stay with him forever!" Her mom yelled.

"Mom! No! I don't like-. But, i do. But, i don't-. But, i-. No, ugh!" Laura says. "I-I guess, i do like Ross. But, i'm not sure-."

"Oh, you like Ross." Laura's mom says, cutting her off. "You really like Ross."

Laura sighs. "What about Brandon?"

Laura's mom gives her a look of disgust. "Who? Who's that? The only boy you talk about at home is Ross... Well, besides Calum. Ha, he's funny guy."

Laura rolls her eyes. "Brandon Marconet? I haven't said anything about him? He asked me to prom. I kind of like him."

"Forget him! You belong with Ross!" Her mom says.

"Mom!" Laura shouts. One of the biggest Raura shippers she knew was her mom.

Her mom sighed. "Fine, lets invite him over for dinner and we'll see how he is compared to Ross."

"Well, better or not, i still agreed to go with him to prom. I can't just kick him to the curb and say forget it, just because i like another guy."

"Ross is not just another guy. Ross is your soulmate!"

"Mom! Stop! Ross may not even like me." Laura says.

"Oh, please!" Laura's mom shouts. A couple of people stare at her, but she ignores it. "Ross is like in love with you! Everyone knows it!"

Laura rolls her eyes. Her mom was just like all of the other Raura shippers. They were just so fixated on them getting together. Which would possibly not happen, anyways.

Or... Would it?

---------------------------------------------

Please comment and vote!!! Please!! Special thanks to @horseluverhailey for my first ever comment. (Hey, girl, you rock.) Follow her.

Anyways... Thanks for reading! <3