Just Another Love Story: And he won again

“Aleea, right?”

I nodded apprehensively in response to the sophisticated brunette woman beside me. We’ve been walking around the enormous garden maze for like twenty minutes now and I’ve been feeling like I’m on some freaking probation or something the entire time. Plus this ridiculous dress is really showing some skin, causing my bare shoulders to freeze whenever the wind whipped by us.

I had sent Mr. Ross one panic glare before his grandma and I walked out but he had just laughed at me. I’ll take this on him later. Definitely.

“So Aleea, Tell me,” She pronounced my name carefully, “How did you two meet?”

It has been silent for the whole twenty minutes until Mr. Ross’ Grandma—which until now I still don’t know her name—started talking. But now that she did, I have no idea what to answer. What should I say? In the coffee shop or at school? Of course I shouldn't say that I'm his student. That would make an inappropriate impression-- Not that I care. Or should I? It wasn't convenient. I'm not in the right place to lie but I'm not also in the right place to tell the truth. That should be Mr. Ross' call. And besides, we've lied enough oblivious to the fact the we weren't really dating and I wasn't really his girlfriend.

“Uhh, we met in a Coffee shop,” I finally responded, anxiously.

“Hmm, sounds interesting. What happened?”

I took a glance at her before answering, “He uhm… returned my IPod when I dropped it,”

She chuckled. With knitted brows, I stared at the offending laughing machine. After tons of series sophisticated laughter, she cleared her throat. “Hmm… Al’s never the approachable guy much more the one first to approach. There must be really something catchy about you that he can’t resist,”

I snickered at what she said. Yeah, right. Like we’re dating for real or something. Wait, Al? Didn’t she just call him AJ a few moments ago?

“Oh darling, please don’t hold back,” She beamed at me, “Isn’t it … relaxing to laugh?” She said, followed by a loud, roaring laugh. Whoa.

“Of course,” I responded.

“I want you to do me a favor Aleea,” She said after a moment,

Oh please. Please not the ‘stay away from my grandson and I’ll give you whatever amount of money you want, name it’ drama. I never want to hear that. Especially that we’re not really dating and not that I actually care, which I adamantly don't.

I didn’t respond instead I looked at her with uneasy eyes, waiting for her to continue.

“You know, Al has never been interested in a girl before. That’s why we were thrilled when he said he has a girlfriend so we wanted to meet her instantly.”

“Wait, Mr. Ro—Al haven’t had a girlfriend before?”

"He's not the ladies-man I think you take him as,”

I stared at her incredulously before giving out a wry smile. It was impossible for him not to be the ladies-man or at least not to have a girlfriend given that looks. That god-like perfection deserved some credits, you know?

“Ohh Aleea, darling,” She said in a laughing way, “Well, how do you say this in your generation’s term… Uhm…” She said as she gestured me to sit at a white steel bench in front of a 4-tiered fountain. 

The fountain was beautiful. Besides the 4-tiered at the center of the whole look, there were waters shooting upwards from around it and also beneath it. It was reposeful and exhilarating. “Ahh! NGSB. No girlfriend since birth,”