Just Another Love Story: My Trig teacher was the man of my dreams

Thursday; was hell. Actually, not only Thursday but it’s been a hell of a week; two weeks. And it was way worst than hell. Aside from a cold shoulder, AJ or rather ‘Mr. Ross’ has been giving me a hard time in trig and I keep getting sarcastic brush-offs.

He’s been an ass the whole two weeks. He never calls me for answers; he keeps on sending me this certain look for some reason I can’t imagine; something taunting or something not entered in my vocabulary; just something. There hasn’t been a day the class had not laughed at me during trig class, and it’s all because of AJ.

The only thing that keeps me off of my anger was doodling, the same time it keeps me off of looking into AJ’s penetrating gaze. Believe me; I’ve finished off half of my notebook with it. It was really a good thing that Trig was my thing. If it wasn’t, I would have been left behind. One more of these narcissistic, sadist actions, and I’m done.

The next night, Friday night, I’ve finally come to him; the back guy. In my dream, he was still wearing the same sweatshirt I had. There were still people in black walking around the hall in different directions. Still confused as to what I should be doing besides standing like an idiot there, I started walking towards the back guy. As soon as I reached him, I stretched out my hand over to his shoulder making him face me. A—Mr. Ross? Impossible.

I woke in the middle of the night, sweating like a pig, not wanting to go back to sleep—and couldn’t sleep again for what seemed like a very long time. After my first dream of him, he was there nearly every night but always on periphery, never within reach. I’ve gotten used of dreaming about the back guy, contented on not seeing who he was, and now I’ve finally gotten to him… and it only just made things worse.

To my disappointment, I’ve been the center of attention for the rest of the week; still, for me, it was uneventful. I was becoming full of ‘Mr. Ross’ self-centered attitude towards me and I’ve decided to come to him and talk about this; I just have to look for the perfect timing. I didn’t know how to face him after finding out that he was the guy in my dream, so I‘ve kept my face buried in my notebook doodling even more

 I’ve found out that ‘Mr. Ross’ was like a part of Eric’s group or something. They all hang out together, making ‘Mr. Ross’ a lot younger than it had seemed to me.

Jel told me that they all went to the beach together, they’ve been to a lot of movies together; it seemed like they had a group or something and he treated everyone else better than how he does to me. That’s how young he was.

The next Thursday, ‘Mr. Ross’ had made another fool out of me in front of the class. He really went overboard! I can’t take this anymore. Why does he have to be such a jerk? So I’ve decided to confront him, and this is definitely it.

When everyone had already left the room, I went over to his desk to find out why the hell he was jerking off all the time. He treats me differently unlike everybody else. Everybody likes him because he treats everyone kindly, unlike how he does to me.

“Ok, this has got to end, Mr. Ross,” I started as I reached him, whose back was on me.

“End what?” He responded simply, but tension was evident on his perfect face.

                “This,” I paused, “Stop giving me a hard time in trig. Stop giving me a cold shoulder for some reason I can’t imagine because I can’t take it anymore,” I justified. He was now putting his things inside his satchel bag.

“What do you mean?”

                “We both know what I meant by that,”