Just Another Love Story: My house was robbed by party people

“So, why were you such in a hurry yesterday?”

                “I—I… It’s—it’s quite a long story.” A black-haired guy in front of me rambled inarticulately.

“I—I…” I let out a heave of sigh, “I totally felt what you did a few moments ago. I’m sorry.”

“No, no—I didn’t mean to make you feel awkward. It’s just that—I…I have—“ he sighed apprehensively. “I had to send someone off… to the airport.”

“Ohh, okay. I’m gonna stop asking questions to make this less awkward.” I let out another sigh, “I’m sorry. I—I—don’t … okay, I’m gonna stop now before I make a much bigger fool out of myself.” My eyes shot wide open, “Did I just say that… out loud?”

He nodded, followed by a soft, nice chuckle escaping his lips, making me stare at him in confusion or disbelief or even horror, I don’t know.

                Taking my gaze away from him, I sighed for the record. “I’m sorry. I’m not really good at these stuffs.”

“Yeah, I can see that.” The genuine smile on his lips still hasn’t left.

                Our little conversation was interrupted by the ceaseless vibrating of my phone. I checked my phone to see who was calling me and it turned out that my original date today had sent me infinite messages and was begging me for an answer to where I was.

“I think you should take that,” He commented. “Looks important,”

                “Looks like it. Would you please excuse me?”

“Go on,” He sent me an okay-look.

                I walked a few feet away from AJ and took the call from Dea.

“Hey,” The other line shouted.

                I winced, bringing the phone away from my ear. “Yeah?”

“Where are you?” She asked, still shouting.

                “You know we can talk without you having to shout.”

“Sorry,” She said in a normal tone. “Hey, where are you? You have to come see this!”

                “What is it?”

“Your house has been robbed!”

                “WHAT?” My mouth went dry. “What exactly happened?”

“Just come here as fast as you can, like right now.” She said in an as-a-matter-of-fact way.

                “Okay, I’ll be there in five.” I notified Dea then ended the call.

“Hey, is everything okay?” AJ approached me, looking concerned.

                “Actually, no.” I let out a heavy sigh. “I have to get home. My house was robbed.”

“Oh, okay. You want me to give you a ride? My car is over there,”

                “You have a car? Wait—I’m sorry. It’s okay. I don’t need a ride. Thanks though,”

“Are you sure?”

                “Yeah, I’m sure.”

“Oh—Okay,”

                I breathed in heavily, and then smiled. “It was nice chatting with you,”

“Yeah, you too.”