The Dinner

Chapter 9

The school day at been boring. Nothing exciting happened. After school, that is a story to tell. Luna gave Benny a goodbye kiss and took Ethan to her house. “This was not my idea,” Luna told him.

“I can see,” Ethan said. “You're very excited about this.”

Luna sighed. “I just don't get why my mom is acting so weird lately. She just really hates Benny. I have no idea why, though.”

“Well, you can hate Benny for a lot of reasons,” Ethan told her. Luna looked at him strangely. “You can! He brags too much on his video game scores, he is just too stupid sometimes, and he always takes his powers for granite.”

“But he's so lovable!” Luna argued. “If anything I'd go out with Rory than you.”

“Thank you...?” Ethan said sarcastically. “How is Rory better than me?”

Luna sighed. “I don't know! You are cuter than Rory, but Rory isn't as much of a geek as you. Well... maybe he is a bigger geek than you,” Luna paused. “Okay fine! You're better than Rory. There I said it. Happy now?”

Ethan smiled. “Thought so,” he muttered under his breath.

“What was that?” Luna asked even though she heard him.

“Nothing,” Ethan answered, “just wondering when we'd get to your house.”

“You know where my house is,” Luna told him. “You've been going to my house like almost every weekend since you were eight!”

“I know,” Ethan sighed.

Luna did not like Ethan. If they were the last two people on Earth, and they had to reproduce or else the human race would die, she would drive a stake through her heart. When her mom said she wanted her to date Ethan, Luna almost died, again.

They hadn't talked on their way to the house. Luna stepped in front of Ethan and walked up to the porch. She knocked on the door. “Mom! Ethan is here!” Luna yelled pounding on the door.

Luna turned to look at Ethan. “Remember this wasn't my idea.”

Just then, Mrs. Keaner came to the door. “Hello, sweetie,” she told Luna. She looked at Ethan. “Hello, Ethan! Nice to see you again.” She shook Ethan's hand.

“Nice to see you again too, Mrs. Keaner,” Ethan replied.

“You're so sweet. Please come in,” she motioned for the two to go inside. “Luna, we're having your favorite for dinner.” Luna had a confused look on her face. “Cheeseburgers!”

“Oh!” Luna said. She turned and took Ethan's hand and led him inside they're house (to make it look like they liked each other). “Are we having dinner now?” Luna asked.

Mrs. Keaner shook her head. “No, about 20 minutes though. You two can go up to your room, honey, and talk.”

Luna looked at Ethan strangely. She then shrugged and took him up to her room. Luna's room was a really light lavender color. There were different posters all around the room. “Lady GaGa? Katy Perry? Ke$ha? Who are these people?”

Luna turned around to look at him. “Are you seriously asking me that?” Luna asked. Ethan nodded. Luna rolled her eyes. “They are the best singers of all time. If only they had an Aaron Tveit poster.”

“A who?” Ethan asked.

“You know nothing,” Luna told him. She walked around her room aimlessly. “What did my mom think we'd talk about?”