Awkward Lunch

Chapter 3

Four hours of intense classes later, it was lunch time. So far, this is not what Junior year was for Luna. Luna met her friends at a table that was isolated from everyone else. “Hey guys,” Luna said sitting down. “Where is Erica?”

Tara, Benny's twin sister, looked at Luna. “She said she's getting a 'snack'.” She rolled her eyes. “I swear she is a blood-a-holic.”

Tara, Britt, and Luna laughed. Even though Britt was a year younger than them, they still thought she was really cool. Britt was Sara’s younger sister. “You guys are so cool, you're... creatures I guess. I'm just a regular person,” Britt sighed.

“Just ask your sister to turn you into a vampire,” Tara suggested.

“I tried that,” Britt answered looking down. “She said it would make me miserable. I listened to her.”

“You just got to persuade her,” Luna told her watching two guys who just came back from gym class.

“What are you looking at?” Tara asked Luna.

“Erica was smart,” Luna said. “I'm going to get a snack too.” Luna then ran over to the guys. “Hey guys,” Luna said to them.

“Hi,” one of the guys said. “Who are you?”

Luna cleared her throat. “I... am your dream come true,” Luna answered. “Follow me.” She then led them behind the school where no one could see them.

“What are we doing back here?” the other guy asked.

She turned to look at them and devoured the two. She then walked casually back to the lunch table.

“Uh, Luna,” Britt said. “You got a little...” she swallowed hard, “blood on your mouth.”

“Oh,” Luna said wiping it off. “Thank you.”

Tara is a mind reader. When she read Luna's mind she read: Should I tell Tara about what happened today in chemistry class?

“What happened today in chemistry class?” Tara asked.

Luna put her hand to her head. “Ugh, I have to stop thinking when you're around. Anyways, I went into class and sat at a table with Ethan and Benny. Ethan told us to kiss, so we did. Funny thing is, neither of us pulled away for five minutes,” Luna confessed. She looked at Tara, who had a strange look on her face, and smiled.

“You kissed my brother?!”Tara asked angrily.

“Um, yeah,” I answered.

“Wait! Who kissed who?” Erica asked sneaking up on them.

“I kissed Benny,” Luna answered.

“Ew, why?” Erica asked disgusted. She hated Benny.

“Ethan told us too,” Luna answered her.

“Ew, why would you listen to Ethan?” she asked.

“I don't know,” Luna shrugged.

“Oh my gosh, sometimes you don't make that much more sense then Rory,” Erica said rolling her eyes.

“You talking about me?” Rory said hugging Erica.

“Ew! Ew! Ew!” Erica said taking Rory's arms and throwing them off of her. “No, why would we talk about you?”

Rory shrugged. “I don't know. I overheard that Luna kissed Benny. Is it true?”

“Oh my gosh, yes! It is true! But it doesn't mean anything,” Luna explained to them.

“It doesn't?” Britt asked.

“No,” Luna told her. “It was just something stupid that happened.”

“Then why didn't you pull away for five minutes?” Tara asked.

“We were just to lazy to get up,” Luna answered. She didn't know why she was doing this. The only person that knows that is Tara, because of her powers.

Luna looked over to talk to Tara, but she was dreamily staring at Rory. Tara had a HUGE crush on Rory. It was awkward because it was her brother. But then again, it might be awkward for Tara because Luna had a HUGE crush on her brother.

Tara is her best friend, and she wouldn't want to loose her if she had broken Benny's heart. But that wouldn't happen, I hope not.