What Happened

• Dedicated to Marius Pontmercy

Chapter 11

“You don't know?” Benny squealed backing up to where Luna was. Luna shook her head. “Should we run?” Benny asked. Luna nodded her head. They both got up to run.

Benny was ahead of Luna... WAIT! Benny can't be ahead of Luna. Luna is a vampire, she could out run him by like five miles. Benny stopped to see where Luna was. He turned to see Luna being lifter up by some weird mist.

Luna couldn't move. She was trapped in this mist. “Luna! Luna! Can you here me?” Benny asked getting super concerned.”

“Benny, go on,” Luna told him with no sign of fear in her voice.

“I can't leave you, though!” Benny shouted to her.

“Go, Benny!” Luna ordered him.

“No! I'm going to save you!” Benny shouted.

“Benny, do you love me?” Luna asked.

“What?” Benny asked.

“Benny, do you love me?” Luna repeated herself.

“Of course I do,” Benny answered her.

“Then go,” Luna told him.

“But, Luna...”

“Go!” Luna yelled at him.

Benny turned to go and took three steps. When he picked up his foot to take the fourth step he stopped and turned back around. “I don't care, Luna. I'm saving y...” Benny stopped to see that she wasn't there anymore. Neither was the figure. “Luna?” Benny asked.

There was no answer. Where did she go?, Benny thought.

* * *

Benny walked home. He walked with his head down. He walked straight up to his front door. He knocked on it. “Grandma!” Benny called. “I'm sorry! I know I'm forty-five minutes past eight. Please let me in!” Benny yelled into the door. He then muttered under his breath, “I need to go cry in my room for awhile.”

The door opened and his white haired grandma stood in the doorway. “Why are you going to cry in your room?” she asked curiously.

Benny wiped away some tears. “I think I just saw my girlfriend die,” Benny confessed.

“Is that so?” Grandma Weir asked. Benny nodded wiping more tears from his face. “Why don't you talk to your sister about it?”

Benny thought about it and nodded. His relationship with Tara was a really good one. They almost never fought and they could always trust each other. Benny went into his room and face planted onto his bed and let all his tears go.

“Benny?” Tara asked coming in. “Grandma said I should talk to you.”

Even though he was crying so hard, Tara could here a, “Mmhmm.”

Tara went over to him. “So tell me exactly what happened,” Tara told him patting his back.

“We were in the park together and some evil looking black figure stood and took Luna,” Benny said into his bed.

Tara could here him, even though it was muffled. She read his mind, The mist... The mist... The mist!

“What mist?” Tara asked.

Benny looked up at her. “I didn't say anything about the...” he then paused. “Aww! You read my mind! That is really annoying you know!”

Tara shook her head. “Yeah, whatever. Now what mist?” Tara asked again.

“The mist that took her away,” Benny said going back to laying face down on his bed.

“I thought you said the black figure took her away,” Tara said.

“Well, the mist took them both away,” Benny told her.

Tara hugged him. “It's okay Benny,” she comforted him.

Benny didn't move from his position laying flat down on the bed. “I want to be alone now,” he told her.

“Okay,” Tara said getting up and walking out. She closed the door behind her.

“Life without Luna means nothing at all. Would you leave Luna for me?” Benny asked into his pillow. He then cried himself to sleep.

*I was listening to Drink With Me when I was writing the last part.