Welcome Back

Chapter 12

The three days later Benny woke up, he got into new clothes and walked to school. He has been doing this for three days. Everyday he half expected Luna to be there, but she never showed up. He entered the school. He went to chemistry first. He took his seat in the back with Ethan on his left, but no one on his right.

“Luna's still not here?” Ethan asked.

“No talking!” Mr. Dixon yelled at them. “We are learning how to make a...” the rest of what he said was just blah, blah, blah.

Benny nodded. “Will you tell me where she went?” Ethan asked. Benny hadn't told anyone but Tara. He felt like he was the one to blame for her disappearance.

“She disappeared,” Benny whispered to Ethan. It felt good to him to finally tell someone else.

“How?” Ethan asked.

“She got taken by some scary looking guy,” Benny told him.

“A scary looking guy?” Ethan whispered. Benny nodded. “That is strange.”

Benny nodded again. He looked like he was on the verge of tears. “I have to go,” Benny told Ethan. He got up and walked for the door.

“Um, Mr. Weir,” Mr. Dixon called Benny, “we are in class. You can't get up.” Benny ignored him and opened the classroom door. “Mr. Weir...”

“No! Don't you Mr. Weir me,” Benny talked back to Mr. Dixon. “I am in a really deep funk right now and I wish to be happy again. You know how I can do that?”

“I'd like to know how, Mr. Weir,” Mr. Dixon said writing on a piece of paper. “You know that Principal Hicks would like to hear to hear too.” Mr. Dixon tried to give him the paper.

Benny took it and tore it up. “No! I'm going to find Luna whether any of you like it or not!” Benny yelled. “If I don't find her I'm going to die. I'm already dieing inside. I have to find her.” Benny walked out of the classroom. “Screw this class!” he yelled and walked out.

Benny ran out of the school and into the park she disappeared at. He sat in the exact place she disappeared at. “Luna, if you can here me, I want to tell you to please come back. I can't live without you,” Benny said putting his head down.

“I need you, Luna! I really need you! If I don't you I'm going to die!” Benny yelled at the ground. He then just closed his eyes and looked down. He opened his eyes and say a pair of black converse below his head.

“I'm here,” Benny heard Luna's voice say. He looked up and saw Luna. She looked unharmed and flawless. “I'm here. Don't worry.”

Benny stood up and hugged her. “I thought I lost you,” Benny told her.

Luna hugged him even tighter back. “I did too.”

Benny pulled away. “Where did you go?” he asked.

“I'm not sure to tell you the truth,” Luna told him.

“Well, what have you been doing for the past few days?” Benny asked.

“When the figure took me, he took me to some dark place. I'm not sure where. We sat and talked. I told him all about you and my life,” Luna explained.

“Who was he?” Benny asked.

Luna opened her mouth to answer then closed it again. She looked at him. “I don't know. He was really nice though. He said he knew you. I don't know who though,” Luna told him.

“Who cares,” Benny told her giving her a hug. “All I needed was you.”

Luna hugged him too. “Exactly.”

They then pulled apart and gave each other a welcome back kiss.