Chapter 5

Edanis's POV

Edanis had been waiting for one day for her father to return, but no sign of him. She was'nt worried because he had said that he would return in two days so she was expecting him soon. She just thought he might have come back early.

She had been playing with her little sister Kiral, Kiral was a little bundle of joy. She had fair skin, unlike her father and her sister, she had light blue eyes that shined like little bits of tiny diamond fragments. Her hair was silky black unlike her family also. This was because Kiral looked completely like her mother.

When Queen Laysta was alive she the same features like Kiral. She was beautiful and she loved to sing, Edanis would  sit at her mother's bed and listen to her sing her beautiful song. the Queen loved everybody in the Kingdom. Bad or Good she always said that everybody deserves a second chance and that everybody is a human being. Sadly, Queen Laysta died of pneumonia. When Kiral was just 3 months old.

Edanis stopped thinking about her mother because it always made her cry and being the princess of a Kingdom you shouldn't show fear or sadness. Edanis went to go get Mevel, the little panther cub for Kiral's night sleep.  

When Edanis was done, she went to the castle balcony and looked at the beautiful night landscape. People's lanterns were all over their houses and shops. Representative Rhyne Desa came from the castle and walked over to Edanis. Rhyne was only 15 like Edanis and they had grew up with each other. She was one of the youngest Representatives in the Council. Her father had been Sedan Desa one of the greatest Rep. in the Kingdoms he knew father and him and Rhyne would come to the castle to visit and talk business.

They were orginally from Muna but Rhyne took the job of Griffin Uhua of Hoffen when he died so she was the rep for that Kingdom now. "Has something been bothering you Edanis?", she said "yes Rhyne, father has not returned and i am deeply concerned about him", "He'll be alright said Rhyne", "Now i must return to Hoffen, come see me if you need me E" she said and strolled off.

I myself went to bed after that.

It was morning, i hopped out of bed still in my nightgown. I rushed to Daddy's chamber he wasen't there. I panicked for awhile nut then i said to myself "cool down Edanis, give him some time to make it back".

I went to go eat breakfest with Kiral and her pet Mevel. Mevel was licking milk from her little purple pan on the ground next to Kiral's chair. The cook gave me my plate, it was made of up biscuits, freshly milk pudding, eggs and wheat plants cooked. I ate it slowly enjoyingthe different tastes of the royal rations.

After breakfest i decided that should do something entertaining and that would keep my mind off of Father. I went out to the courtyard and practiced my archery, i had been doing archery since i was five years old and loved it, Father got me started on it he would be out in the courtyard when he had a brake from war briefs meetings. Shooting down birds that flew across the castle, he saw me hiding behind a pillar looking at him do archery.

He called me over to him to try it, he said i would like it and iv'e been doing it since then. I shot at the target and missed about 3 inches away from the bullseye i tried again and shot right on the bullseye. i looked at the Grand Clock it read 3:00, Father should be home now. I started worrying real bad this time. I called a servant

Farreyn, "Farreyn, i need you to go send a message to all the Kingdom's Reps i call a Council meeting". "Right away my majesty" he said

I went to go prepare for the meeting.

When the Representatives got there it was light nightfall

They all were in their thrones chairs in a circle.

"i have called this meeting because my father is missing" i said, "i need you to help me look for him" i said

then i turned my face to Representative Messa Isis "Representative Isis i need you to send you hunters out i said".

Then i looked at Rep. Nas Sav of Muna, "Rep. Sav i want you to tell the other Representatives that couldn't come" Finally i looked at Rhyne trying to hide tears of anger, frustration and sadness back

"Representative Desa, i need you to be here with me to help me run this operation".

"I have reserved chambers for all of you in the castle i will see you all tomorrow night at nightfall, thank you, dismissed".

After the meeting, Rhyne came to me and took me to the balcony, "Rhyne", I started sobbing "what do you do when all is lost?" i asked her crying into her chest "there, there" she said "you keep moving on day by day" she said.

Rhyne was my best friend i was glad she was there.

The day had finally came the night of the Council meeting. I heard everybody's reports and i had read the letters that Rep. Messa Isis and Rep. Nas Sav had sended me telling the report on their tasks.

"Okay" i said "it's going to be a little while before they find father", i said. "We need to have one more search party to find him quicker", i said "any suggestions?" i asked

????

Nothing no one said nothing just a long silence that swept the courtroom.

Then Rhyne said "how about we look at the Book".

the Book was the great book on every magic, and everything on Calresi Dein from the beginning of time. Only royalty and representatives were able to look at it.

"Farreyn, bring us the book" i said he brought the book to the Courtroom i opended it so Rhyne (who was sitting right next to me) and me could see it we flipped through the book and flipped for about a minute.

I saw a glimpse of the words....help.....humans....Desain

But Rhyne flipped through it "Wait!"

I said and flipped back to the page

"look Rhyne, look what it reads"

and i showed her

Desains

Desains were a race of mages that helped humans. They usually helped royalty in hard times sometimes like King Lefen King Jaxier and King Bodhi (who were my great-grandfathers) They have a special power that makes them mages. They were guardians and helpers of the humans until one Desain mistreated a human. Then humans started hating them and started hunting them till they were extinct.

"Rhyne, this could be our chance!' i said but Rhyne pointed her finger at the last sentence, "there extinct", she said.

"this could be my only chance to find my father", i said.

"Ready my horse i said i want two soldiers to go with me, other than that im alone",

"No your not", said Rhyne "Im going too"

From BlueKiss: Hey guys, told ya that i would upload this week this is the longest chapter i've wrote. Anyway your probably get chapter 6 next week since im so busy anyway

Vote

Comment

Add to Library

BluKiss

"

 :