Chapter 16

About 6 months later.

Skye's currently in hospital. We think she's caught meningitis but we're not sure. We're not allowed to sit with her, which is horrible. Me and Dan are taking it in turns at the hospital with one of us at home with the twins. Dan's at the hospital at the moment and he rings me to tell me Skye's started to come round.

"Hello?" I answered.

"T, it's me babe. I've got some news about Skye" He told me.

"Yeah, go on..." I replied.

"She's started to come round and they don't think it's meningitis" He spoke to me.

"That's brilliant! Do they know what it might be?" I questioned him.

"No, they just said they need to do tests" He informed me.

"When can she come home?" I asked him.

"As soon as they find out what's wrong with her and she's ready" He answered.

"OK well, let me know if anything else happens, yeah?" I responded.

"Yeah I will do, I love you three" He told me.

"We love you too" I grinned.

A couple of hours later, Danny was home as the doctors advised him to get some rest.

"I'm worried about her T" Danny admitted.

"She'll be fine, she's through the worst of it" I replied, squeezing his hand.

"I know but she's our little girl T" Danny cried.

"She'll be fine Dan" I comforted him, pulling him closer to me.

"Yeah and what if she isn't eh? What then?" He argued.

"Dan, she'll be fine! She's through the worst of it! Don't you think if she was going to die, they'd have said? She will be fine. She'll be back here in a few days being herself again" I snapped at him.

"Aren't you the slightest bit worried?" He asked me.

"Yes of course I am but we have one year old twins who need us as well!" I screamed at him.

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry" He sighed.

"I know you're worried about Skye, so am I but we need to focus on these two Dan" I told him gently.

"Yeah I know, you're right" He smiled.

"Oh hello you!" I laughed, as Imogen came crawling up to me, with some food she'd found in the kitchen.

"Mama, crisp?" She gurgled.

"Crisp, what?" I asked her.

"Pease" She grinned.

"Here you go then" I smiled, opening the packet.

"Dada!"  Isabella called, as she walked over.

"Yes?" He laughed.

"Book?" She asked him.

"Book, what?" He replied.

"Plwease" She giggled.

"Good girl" He smiled, pulling her up on to his lap.

"Dan?" I spoke to him.

"Yeah?" He replied, looking across at me.

"Why's Isabella walking and Imogen's still crawling?" I feared.

"She might learn to walk soon. Every child's different and just because they're twins, it doesn't mean they do everything at the same time" He explained.

"Yeah I know, you're right" I told him.

"I normally am!" He laughed.

"Oi!" I replied, hitting him playfully on the arm.

"Book" Isabella announced.

"Do not be so rude Isabella! I was talking to your Dad!" I scolded her.

"Sowwy" She cried, as she walked off.

"That child, she's so rude!" I raged.

"T, calm down babe" Danny told me gently.

"No Dan, first she bites Skye, then she's rude to me, what's she going to do next? I'm not having her growing up to be rude and spiteful! She's one year old, we need to stop this now. She's not growing up to treat people like rubbish! Don't bother saying "it's her age" because Imogen isn't like this. Do you see her biting her older sister and being rude?" I shouted angrily.

"Well, no" Danny admitted.

"I'm not having her talking to me like that. I'll give her time to calm down, then I'll go speak to her" I added.

"Yeah OK" He replied.

"I mean, don't get me wrong, I love her to bits, of course I do but she's not speaking to me like that" I repeated.

"I know" He answered.

"Dada, baba" Imogen gurgled.

"You want bottle?" Danny asked her.

"Yes, pwease" Imogen smiled.

"You see what I mean?" I questioned.

"What?" He asked me.

"Imogen's so polite and Isabella's just so rude. We've told them both the same, when they've been naughty and that but with Isabella, it just doesn't seem to sink in that she can't treat people how she wants to" I sighed.

"I'm sure if we carry on letting her know her behaviour isn't acceptable, then she'll soon snap out of it" Danny reassured me.

"Do you think so?" I asked him.

"Yeah I do. I best get Imogen's bottle anyway" He added.

"Mama?" Isabella announced.

"Come sit here" I told her, patting the space next to me, so she knew what I meant.

She did as I asked and I turned to face her, before starting to talk to her.

"You can't talk to people like you spoke to me, It's not nice Isabella. I won't have you treating people like rubbish, biting your sister and being mean. It's not on and me and your Daddy aren't having it." I told her firmly.

"Sowwy" She sobbed.

"I'm not saying all this because I don't love you, I do love you more than anything but I don't want you growing up to be rude" I spoke to her.

"Sowwy" She repeated.

"OK, do you want to play with your toys?" I asked her.

"Pwease mama" She sniffed.

"Go on then" I smiled.

"Did you talk to her?" Danny questioned me.

"Yeah, she said sorry" I told him.

"Good" He grinned, sitting down next to me, as his hands wandered up my top.

"Oi!" I laughed, pushing his hands away.

"What?" He smirked.

"You know what!" I giggled.

"No sorry, you'll have to be a bit more specific" He told me, as he began to kiss me.

"Dan!" I laughed, as I pulled away.

"What'd you do that for? I was enjoying that!" He moaned.

"Really?" I questioned him.

"Yeah" He answered.

"Well, come on then" I whispered in his ear, pulling him off the sofa.

"What about these two?" Danny feared.

"I'm sure they'll be OK for an hour or so" I pointed out.

"I love you!" Danny admitted.

"Not half as much as I love you!" I expressed.

Just then, the phone rang. It was the hospital about Skye...