Chapter 9

A few months later, my waters broke at home and I gave birth to twins, which was a bit of a shock to us. We had two girls and we decided to let Skye choose their names, just so she'd feel included in the family. We'd been checked over at the hospital and we were back home. I put the girls in their moses baskets we'd bought.

"So then Skye, have you thought of any names?" I asked her.

"Imogen and Isabella" Skye replied.

"Aw I like them, what about middle names?" I questioned.

"Erm Jade and Louise" Skye answered.

"Right so Imogen Jade or Louise?" I asked her.

"Jade" Skye smiled.

"What you two up to?" Danny announced, as he walked in the room.

"We're sat just discussing Skye's ideas for names. She's thought of Imogen and Isabella with Jade and Louise as middle names" I explained.

"Right so which way round is it?" Danny questioned.

"Skye said Imogen Jade and Isabella Louise" I told him.

"I like them" Danny smiled.

"Me too" I agreed.

"I bet you both thought I'd come up with silly names" Skye laughed.

"I did actually" Danny admitted.

"You should have more faith next time!" Skye replied cheekily.

"Oi cheeky!" Danny replied, tickling her.

"Can I watch T.V please?" Skye questioned.

"Yeah course you can" I told her.

"Thanks Mum" She smiled.

"It's alright babe" I grinned.

I stood up to go to the kitchen and Danny followed behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Dan!" I shrieked.

"What?" He laughed.

"What you doing you plonker!" I giggled.

"Giving you a cuddle" He murmured.

"Oh really?" I smirked.

"Yeah" He replied.

"Who's watching Imogen and Isabella?" I asked him.

"Our eight year old daughter" He told me.

"Dan" I groaned.

"What? She might as well get to know her sisters" He insisted.

"True" I smiled, resting my head against his chest.

"I love you" He spoke to me.

"I love you too" I replied, as I looked up at him.

Just then, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I unlocked it as I read the message.

From Becca:

Hi T, I just thought you'd wanna know, Jack's died. He had a heart condition as you know and he died last night :/

To Becca:

Oh my God, no way!

From Becca:

Yep :/

To Becca:

Wow

I locked my phone and placed it back in my pocket. I can't believe Jack's dead. I only saw him a few months ago and he looked so well and healthy. Danny noticed something wasn't right with me as I'd gone quiet all of a sudden.

"T?" He asked me.

"What?" I snapped at him.

"You OK?" He asked me gently.

"Yeah fine" I lied.

"You sure?" He questioned me.

"Yes, I'm fine" I sighed.

"You're not T" He told me.

"How would you know? Can you read minds?" I quizzed him.

"No but you were fine before your phone went off and you looked at it" He spoke to me.

"Just leave it" I argued.

"T, what's wrong?" He asked me.

"I said leave it!" I screamed at him.

"Alright, well sorry for breathing!" He shouted back at me.

"Fine" I mumbled, walking into the living room

"Mum, are you and Dad OK?" Skye asked, noticing the tense atmsophere.

"Yeah we're fine babe" I smiled slightly.

"OK" She replied.

"T, can I have a word please?" Danny spoke to me.

"No, I'm busy Danny. Isabella and Imogen need feeding, help me if you can be bothered" I snapped at him, rolling my eyes.

"What's got into you all of a sudden?" He questioned me as he lifted Imogen out the moses basket.

"Nothing" I replied blankly.

"T, I'm not stupid" He argued.

"No one's saying you are, are they?" I smirked.

"Do you know what? I don't need this. You've been in a funny mood since you looked at your phone" He sighed.

"Well, fuck off then, you're good at that!" I argued.

"Don't tempt me!" He yelled at me.

"No seriously, if we're not good enough for you, just fuck off and leave us to it!" I repeated.

"No Dad don't go!" Skye begged him.

"See? She doesn't want me to go and we have Isabella and Imogen now as well. You need to grow up and start acting like a Mother! We have three kids who need us both whether you like it or not, so the days of you telling me to "fuck off" just because you don't want to be around me have to stop T! I'm not going anywhere and I'm going to a Dad to these three kids. So do me a favour will you and accept it!" He told me.

"Fine" I mumbled, before standing up and walking out the door.

I got in my car and I drove to a little park in the city centre. I didn't bother taking my phone out with me as I wanted to be left alone. Danny doesn't understand that me and Jack were friends and now he's died. I knew Jack a lot longer than I've known Danny. I knew Jack for six years and I've only known Danny nearly three years. So yes I am being a cow, yes I am taking it out on Danny but I've just been told one of my friends has died, how do you expect me to react?