37. Is This Where We End (Part One)

Hey guys! Don't forget to comment on whatever part of the book makes you feel things (;
Thank you for supporting me!

**NOT EDITED!**
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
4 weeks since LA..

I was on cloud nine with Rafael, four weeks of no complications. Absolute bliss it's like we were a normal couple, okay yes there was one or two arguments but there wasn't any kidnappings or killings? That was a good sign wasn't it?

Who am I kidding, the fact that I think that's a positive is terrible. But regardless I was happy and Rafael was happy. I may have overheard Marco saying something about Blackmail, probably to do with someone trying to threaten their organization, I still just wanted to pretend I knew nothing.

Oh and the sęx had been amazing, I'd lost count of the times Rafael couldn't keep it in his pants.

I finally got Amber to go to a spa with me and have one girly day, we talked about everything a part from what she was keeping from me, I knew there was something she wanted to tell me but she was holding back, I didn't want to pry either, I knew she'd tell me soon. She never lasted long with keeping things from me, I just hoped she was okay because for the first time in forever she almost seemed miserable under the act of being happy.

I even caught up with my mother and sister for brunch. My sister of course talking about how wonderful her life was, only I could tell she wasn't looking much herself. I knew she was trying to have baby.. I was almost relieved she wasn't pregnant just yet. I felt like there was more she needed to do before that happened. My mother went on about her friends son that was back in Chicago from New York and staying with Leo, yeah she just couldn't help sliding my ex into the conversation. I gratuitously ignored it.

Everyone most likely has that first love that didn't work out, it's reality. He didn't love me as much as I loved him. That's what didn't work. The fairytale ended and I moved on to my dark knight.

Which brings me to now, Rafael and I were currently walking hand in hand together back from a Greek restaurant that was down the block. He looked mouth watering in a smart fitted black suit, pale grey open colored shirt and the black skinny tie that was around his neck was around his hand.

I was wearing a grey body con dress that fit comfortably, I was feeling good in my skin.

"I think we should try a new restaurant every week." Rafael concluded, after an amazing meal. "I like new things."

"We should try that Korean barbecue that opened up." I agreed, I loved food.. Especially things I never tried.

Rafael smiled to himself, shaking his head at the floor. "Who would of thought I'm in a relationship? Me, Rafael? I guess I can change." He kissed the back of my hand that sent a warmth to my heart. Yep new things.

Rafael stopped outside his building, his hand stiffening. Clearly something wasn't right, ugh not now.

"Go inside, Marcos home. I'll be right up." He told me sternly, not looking at me, but everywhere else. He clearly had to sort something.

I opened my mouth, but he gave me a pointed look that stopped me. I sighed, knowing that I should do what he says. I turned around continuing to walk towards the building. I walked as slow as I could until I got to the door and heard a gunshot.

My immediate reaction was to run to the cause, which was the alleyway next to Rafael and Marcos apartment building. God, it spelt like a sewage.

When I saw Rafael crouching over someone's body, I was relieved.. He wasn't hurt. With his back towards me he grabbed the mans gun with a handkerchief, looking at it for a second and let it sit back with the mans dead hand still holding it.