17. Virgin of love

** WARNING: Graphic content coming up! If you're going to get a offended, please don't read!** But enjoy (:
(Not edited yet)
*************************************

I fluttered my eyes open, feeling goosebumps cover my skin from the cool wind that was blowing through the opened balcony doors. It was dark out now, the only light in the room was from the moonlight and the only thing I could hear was the wind and the waves crashing against the cliff.

I turned over, facing Rafael who was on his stomach, the muscles in his back that were rising and falling indicated that he was still sleeping.

My fingers itched to touch his tattoos that covered his scars.

The moon was so bright and directly in the room that I could see every tattoo that covered half his back.

My fingers had a mind of their own, touching his shoulder lightly and down his back, tracing the lines of bumps I knew were scars.

Rafael stirred underneath me, making me hold my breath and stop my movement.

Rafael turned over onto his side and grabbed my wrist, all in one movement.

"Sorry." I whispered, "Does it hurt?"

Rafael exhaled fast from his nose, obviously amused. "No, it just feels too good." He lets go of my wrist.

I giggled, tracing my fingernails up and down his arm, earning a low moan from his lips.

"Do your tattoos have meaning?" I asked him, Rafael shrugged, grabbing me by the hips which sent me rolling on top of him.

I pushed myself up, straddling his hips and taking a closer look at the tattoo on his peck.

It was darkly shaded with images around a quote.

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." I said aloud, tracing it with my fingertips.

"Quit doing what?" I was curious. Quitting will make the pain last forever.

"Trying to find a better life that I choose." He breathed, his hooded eyes looking up at me.

"I probably sound stupid but why can't you just stop working for Fabio?"

Rafael sighed, his fingers making soft circles on my exposed thighs. "Because he will never let me, and If I attempted to run, well-- he'd kill me and everyone I've ever contacted."

"What about the police?" I asked, wait that's breaking that Mafia silence crap, Omertmyass.

"More than half of Chicago's authorities are bought out by Fabio, they get paid to look the other way."

My shoulders slumped, a long silence grew between us. There was no future, Rafael was stuck in a criminal business he didn't choose, and I was stuck falling for him. But then it hit me-

I shut my eyes, chewing on my bottom lip. "What's the real reason you brought me here?"

Rafael tensed underneath me. "I wanted to show you where I come from." He grabbed both of my hands, lacing them together with his.

"Really? You just decided then and there on the street that you wanted to up and leave to go to a foreign country? You could have said 'oh Hey Christina, how about we plan a trip to Spain in the near future." I cocked my head to the side. Like seriously, I could have organized things better.

He mimicked my action, cocking his head also. "I thought woman found that stuff romantic."

"Maybe in Novels and movies, I mean you're lucky you're quick enough to stop me from thinking and that I was dying to get out of Chicago from my suffocating family. I took it as a get out of jail free card." I shrugged, although I did have to call work.