Lonesome

Louis: “Are you lonesome tonight?” is all that the voice mail says. Louis’s voice sounding tired and sad, you can tell that he misses you. You were glad, he deserved to miss you. But after a while, you began to miss him. Unsure on whether to answer him, call him, or text him back, you replay the message over and over again, the familiar question being etched into your memory; “Are you lonesome tonight?” and after playing it for the hundredth time, you cave in and call him back, felling completely lonely, wanting nothing more now than a cuddle and a kiss from him.

Niall: “Lonesome?” a strange, unfamiliar voice asks against the loud clinks of glass that filled the bar. Looking up from your brownish drink, you give a small chuckle “Guess you could say that.” Laughing, he looks questioningly to the stool next to you. Letting him have it, you stare back at the drink until his voice disrupts your empty thoughts again. “You know, you wouldn’t be so lonely if we went out somewhere.” “What the hell?” you smirk, sucking down the last of your drink before getting off the stool. “You coming?” you ask, looking back at the stranger, whos name you didn’t even know, and as he nods dumbly, he smiles “Names’s Niall.”

Harry:Punching the pillow for what seemed like the thousandth time, you still could not get comfortable. There were still several long months to wait until you could see, smell, touch, or sleep with Harry. Staring at his empty side of the bed, and ache wretched through you, longing and loneliness finally eating away at you. Flipping away, not being able to look at it, you finally let sleep take you over. Jumping awake as a large pair of hands wrap around your frame, Harry’s voice utters “Heard you were lonesome.” Flipping again, you nod and cuddle into him, not speaking, just breathing the familiar cologne in, remembering the way his body fit to yours. He fills the silence quickly by saying “So was I baby, so was I.” You smile as sleep takes you again, Harry not far behind you.

Zayn: You could tell she was lonesome. She hadn’t stopped crying ever since you had left last night, a nurse informed you. Your baby girl was laying alone in the ICU, just being days old, she was premature and sickly. Zayn gripped your hand as you watched her lay there in cry, tubes and monitors leaving her body from everywhere. “She’s so small.” you murmur, as you look for a nurse to let you in, to just be with your baby, to give her a sense of some comfort. ” I know.” he says, feeling guilty. He had blamed himself for her early birth, saying it was all in the genes, but you knew that wasn’t true. Finally, a nurse lets you in, and you rush over to her. As your hands touch, her brown eyes shine against the light, and she starts to become silent. Tears well in your eyes as you pick her up, and she’s silent. “See all you needed was us huh baby, just us.” you say, Zayn watching over your shoulder carefully at his beautiful family of girls.

Liam: You wiped the dirt off the tombstone, revealing Liam’s name in deep set letters. It had been a couple of years, but you still came everyday, to bring fresh flowers and talk about your day with him, just like you always did. Having finished your work day, you sit silently, the wind gathering your hair, blowing it across your face. Tightening  your jacket, you murmur “I’m lonely Li.” and you wait silently, as if expecting an answer from him. “I guess you are too huh?” you sigh, playing with the blades of grass that had just been trimmed based on their length. “Miss you too.” you say, tearing up, as usual, the ring on your left hand now a heavy burden on you. ” I wish I could move on, maybe find someone that could take the loneliness away, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon.” sighing, you sit in silence for a while again. Finally, the sun isn’t visible anymore, and that brings you to your feet. As you turn to leave you say “See you tomorrow Li.” loneliness still aching through you, the same loneliness that raged everyday as you walked away from him silently.