Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Face to face we all stood off watching each other silently snarling at us, this little army of eleven looked very interrogating. I didn’t know how I felt about this, but there was no time to back out now. For some strange reason I wanted to see what those Roman Gods were made of.

I looked at my mother and boyfriend, my mom looked up to the challenge while my boyfriend on the other hand looked like he was on the fence. I decided to let my wings out for this, attacking from the skies seemed like a reasonable plan.

Klaus looked to the three of us and chuckled darkly. “I see you’ve noticed a couple changes in my system.” He looked back at his mini army, “I decided to upgrade after you left me, and that upgrade seemed to fit the bill. I wanted you back and I was going to use whatever tactics I had.” Those dark eyes of his seemed to seep into my soul and I shuddered.

Growling I gave him a hard look. “I was never yours to begin with, nor shall I ever be.” I decided to pull out my sword that I’ve kept hidden for a while. Silver flames from it licked the air with so much thirst, a ring of tall silver flames circled around the whole mansion. I felt much better with this in my hands, I missed fighting with it and now this is the perfect opportunity.

My mother flapped her black wings to the sky, ready for a fight with a similar sword as mine in hand. Only her flames were a dark red, Klaus looked slightly surprised. “If that’s how you feel then I guess nobody can have you... ATTACK!”

Just as the works escaped his mouth it all started, the Roman God with the falchion came at me first. I soared into the sky willing him to follow me and he did, our swords clashed with such force it rippled to the grounds. I swung my sword just above the belt and he pulled back dodging my attack.

He attacked my swinging his falchion vertically at my right shoulder, I dodged then flew up closer to him. Our swords clashed once more this time more forceful, I dragged my sword up the length of his body.

A deep sharp cut lined the middle of his chest I smirked then frowned when I saw it closing back up.His wings shined while He healed, taking my surprise to his advantage he flew above me and rammed me downwards.

Looking down as I fell I was just above that fire shooting flower, dodging its long distance attacks I noticed Nick being cornered by metal foxes. Shooting at them would be effortless since they’d only bounce  off of the their exterior.

Sending poisonous claws his way I hurried to get there before they could get to him. Spreading my wings out I blocked their attack and grabbed Nick and flew off a couple yards away from the fight.

Feeling the effects of the poison my vision started to double and waver, before long we were on the ground sliding. When we stopped my forehead was beaded with sweat, my wings shook violently and my breath came out in pants.

Nick finally came too and rushed over to my aid he gasped at what he saw. I tried to look at him but I couldn’t lift my head. “Is it bad.” I knew it was a stupid question but I wanted to know.

With the slightest touch from his finger I hissed. “Shit I’m sorry, but it’s really bad. I’m not gonna lie.” He sighed. “You have four giant gashes on your wings and back and they look vicious....” It was quiet for a minute then he spoke again. “You know you didn’t have to take the hit for me back there.”

I tried to look up at him with the best ‘are you fucking kidding me’ look my weak body could muster. “Listen I’m sure that if you would’ve taken that hit then you’d be bleeding out my now. I couldn’t have that now, could I?” I smirked then tried to sit up. “This is nothing to me I’ve been in worse situations.” I lied feeling like death, the poison was starting to really get to me.