Chapter 8

• Dedicated to ShaeLynn-anna Hutton

Aglaia's dress on the right, but imagine it purple! :D

Chapter 8

*Day of the Alpha’s ball*

I tossed and turned in my bed until I finally woke up, tonight the Alpha’s ball is supposed to start. And sadly I’ll be going alone, the Luna told me that this wasn’t an event for humans even if Nick was my mate so I just ended up not telling him about it. I forced myself out of bed and put on some clothes, I didn’t know when my mother was supposed to be coming today so I just decided to dress casually. A cute shirt and shorts, I fixed my hair and was out to get breakfast.

When I walked into the dining room/kitchen I noticed Nana already eating with her date Chase. He was practically putty in her hands although they’ve only been talking since Thursday Nana works fast. I smirked at them then grabbed a plate and tossed some food on my plate and went to sit down at one of the tables.

While I ate I thought about how I was going to pull of not having a date for this ball thing. I understood it was pretty important to the Luna since her husband was coming back from helping another pack get set straight from a war they had. And for some reason I felt this need to please the Luna, she was so kind to me letting me stay here and all. Hell, it could just be the fact that I’m now a part of her pack and that could be why I’m feeling this way.

I sighed and popped a blueberry in my mouth then made a sour face at the taste. Ugh that wasn’t what I was expecting, I took a drink of my orange juice expelling all the blueberry content out of my mouth. When I looked up I noticed the Beta Drew in the seat across from mine looking at me. I almost choked, I blinked then placed my glass down.

Iris and Roxxie materialized beside me they both had their arms crossed. “So who’s this fine fella?” Roxxie -my inner vampire- said with a smirk lining her face.

Iris looked at her in disbelief. “Roxxie, you mated and you still act like the common lusty vampire.” Iris shook her head.

Roxxie hissed. “Hey if Nick can have some chick he’s still broken over then why can’t I have somebody that I like.”

Iris rolled her eyes. “Because dumb-dumb you’re supposed to be the forever faithful one and anyway Drew doesn’t trust us.” Iris looked to me then back to Roxxie and smirked. “But since I’m single now I don’t have an issue going after him.”

They continued to bicker and I sighed at this and turned back to Drew.

“Rough morning?” He asked...nicely?

I didn’t feel like playing any games today I already had enough on my plate. “Rough day period, but anyway why are you here... Talking to me.” I asked leaning back in my chair.

He took a bite out of my hash-brown and I gaped at him, he smirked and then put his elbows on the table. Business mode... “Well word got around that you still don’t have a date to the Alpha’s ball.” Then he gulped down my orange juice.

I narrowed my eyes at him, peeved. “Yeah, and what are you implying?” I said taking my hash-brown back then popping it in my mouth.

He frowned at this then sighed. “Well since I have to keep you in my sight I got to thinking and just decided to ask you to the Alpha’s ball.” He shrugged.

I raised my eyebrow at this and I sat up in my chair. “Oh yeah, and what if I say no.”

He smirked. “Well see that’s the thing about these balls the Alphas host, whoever asks you first you have to say yes to. If you're not mated of course.”

I clenched my jaw. And nobody wants to take the hybrid. “Well don’t I feel special...” I shook my head. “Whatever yeah sure I’ll go.” I said standing up from the table grabbing my plate and glass.