Chapter 7

• Dedicated to Fernando Lares

Chapter 7

A screeching sound of a cell door closing made me open my eyes, I groaned at the throbbing in my head. What did they do it be over the head with a brick? But on the other hand it could’ve been the fall I took afterwards. As the fog started to clear from my mind I saw the bars, the dark closed space, how it all seemed hopeless.  

It felt like I was sinking, sinking back into the weak hopeless girl I used to be a year ago. In the corner I curled up into a ball and tried not to think of the bad things that happened this past year. Steps from the outside of the cell made me look up. It was only a guard, I slowly stood up and walked to the cell bars. I cringed as my wing moved in the slightest, “Can I speak to the luna.”

The guard looked at me as if I was insane. “Are you serious? The Luna doesn’t have time for you. So instead she sent down the second in command.” He smirked as some guy walked down the steps, he bowed his head. “Beta Drew.”

I looked at the Beta that walked down the steps, gracefully with poise, but that didn’t mean he didn’t have an authoritative gleam to him. “Chaz.” He smiled then frowned when he saw me. “Demon.” He growled as my very presence pestered him.

Iris materialized beside me and glared at him. “Who’s this hunky bastard?” Iris was right, he was rather attractive and she felt once they got the conversation going he would be a prick.

I looked to Iris. “That’s the Luna’s second in command, be nice.”

She seeked my silver eyes with her red ones. “It’ll take a lot for me to be nice to him.” She crossed her arms.

Chaz grabbed Drew a chair and he sat down and looked at me while leaning back in his hair. “That’s quite a wound you have on that wing of yours. Where’d you get it?” He asked as he watched me.

I looked back at it seeing that it was patched up but still bleeding, I looked back at him and responded. “Fighting some of the rogues that were on our property.”

He let the chair fall on all four legs. “Our property? No you’re mistaken the Shadow pack doesn’t associate with demons.” He shook his head.

I scuffed. “Are you kidding me, you haven’t heard about the infamous hybrid that’s been living here for the past few days.” I smirked. “I was brought in by one of your pack members, oh what was his name... Jaden?” I snickered. “The hybrid brought in - in a wedding dress, you must have heard of me.” I laughed.

Chaz the guard looked at me wide eyed. “So you’re Aglaia? The hybrid?” Chaz’s eyes twinkled with excitement.

I nodded. “I would show you my human form but my wing really hurts so that’s not an option.”

“It seems somebody likes the thought of something different.” Iris said leaning against the bars.

“Wait so she’s telling the truth?” Drew asked leaning in his chair. “You’re really apart of this pack.”

I rolled my eyes. “Yes I am, mind letting me out now so I can get some medical care for this wing.”

Chaz was looking between the two of us but Drew spoke. “I don’t believe you, I wouldn’t be the last one to know.”

I sighed. “I don’t know if this means anything to you but the luna personally invited me to the Alpha’s ball that’s supposed to be held in a couple days. I’d like to actually attend.”

The Beta Drew sat back in the chair. “That’s only for pack members, and if the Luna invited you personally then...”

I laughed. “Yeah I’m a pack member, now that you're up to speed can you let me out?”