Swindled ~Book Three~

Swindled

Chapter 1

It’s been a year.

It’s been a year since I’ve been kidnapped, with no word from my mother, my associates from the academy or Devin my supposed to be mate. My beings are slowly withering away while I’m stuck here in this big mess. Klaus – my tormenting vampire captor. (His name rhymes with house, well at least that how I say it.) Has finally let me out of that damned cell and gave me an actual room in his huge castle, which I’ve tried to escape multiple time but still with no success. As repercussions he would make me go through The Five Stages of Hell, which I still have scars today.

First stage: it seems like it would be pretty easy but it’s not. It a tilting metal stage of slippery black liquid that holds four solid steal ten foot immortal creatures. They target you and they don’t stop until they kill you and below the tilting metal stage would be a pool full of piranhas that can shock you to death. What you’re supposed to do to get to the next stage would be to immobilize the immortal death machines without slipping off the stage.

Second stage: A stage of metal and poisonous spears, razor sharp. In this stage I had to face Metal Foxes, obviously they are foxes made of metal and they too were poisonous. Although they are made of metal they are still very swift and smart, it was very hard getting past them let alone not falling to the fiery ocean. Swimming in that ocean of fire were Sharks that breathed fire.

Third stage: in this stage there are metal machines that try to cut and mash you with their either pointed spears or jagged blade.

Fourth Stage: When I entered the fourth stage I was greeted with a giant flower that had a purple tongue and eyes. You had to keep this thing from swallowing you whole and you had to kill it and get its seeds which were in the middle of its “throat.” I did it the hard way, almost getting swallowed in the process of getting the seeds.

Fifth and Final stage: I ended up walking into this stage with grows and sticky flower saliva and “blood” covering me from head to toe. Only to see that I had to go against everything I already defeated in the lower levels and with the fire sharks and electric piranhas.

But if I didn’t want to go into the Five Stages of Hell then Klaus would sick his Tasmanian devils on me. He’s done it before when I managed to get outside; I tried to get over the drastically tall electric wall. Those things pierced my skin and made me bleed but they brought me back to their master.

I was very surprised that day because my demon decided to take over for once instead of wallowing in her hatred for me. She gave me wings, black wings that were now at my command but those pets of his almost tore them off of me that day. Thankfully I made a full recovery by the morning of the next day thanks to my servant in the palace. That’s right I was appointed a servant! His name is Jeffery and he is fairly quiet so I don’t know much about him.

**

It was starting to get dark outside and with me putting a block on my thoughts I skillfully planed out my escape was going to go. I was leaving this hellhole tonight, yeah I know I’m kind of late but hey at least I’m doing it now.

Once the moon started to rise I made my way down the hall, while walking down the hallway I thought about how Jeffery would be left alone with this crazed vampire and decided to take him with me. I trotted down the hall to Jeffery’s room and opened the door and flipped the switch turning on the light. He was sound asleep and I walked over to him and shook him lightly trying to wake him, heart beating quickly.

“Jeffery wake up.” I whisper and he finally woke up. “Come on let’s go.” He looked at me confused. I pulled him out of bed and grabbed his wrist and led him to the door and turned the light off. I turned to him. “We’re going to escape this place, go outside and if I don’t come out within twenty minutes, just go. Okay?” he nodded sleepily.  “I’ll see if it’s clear.” I let go of his wrist and walked to the main hallway to see the door guarded by those dang Tasmanian Devils. I could take care of them by burning them to death; I started to scheme how I was going to do that. Footsteps made me jump and turn around with a growl, fangs out ready to attack.