Chapter 5

hello guys! i'm sooo sorry about the late update, please don't hate me! anyways I hope you like the new installment, please comment and vote!

Chapter 5

After running for a while we slowed to a steady halt and I looked around to see if Nick was still following us. Thankfully I left him at the Café, I sighed in relief I didn’t want to deal with anymore humans. Somehow, no matter how hard I try I always end up leaving them when I get close. I clenched my fists at the thought, I missed everyone terribly. I let out a frustrating sigh and let my shoulders slump, ugh just running into some human bring back bad thoughts… I had to let this go. 

Nana’s voice brought me out of my thoughts and I looked up at her as she talked. “… Yeah so I think we should go see it.” She winked at me, “it has so many stores.” She started to walk off and I follow her.

I replayed her words in my mind again and I noticed she was talking about a mall… I mean what else could it be? I remember the last time I went “shopping” I was with that guy that turned out to be a bounty hunter; I don’t even remember his name. As I thought about that situation I thought about how there are so many bounty hunters graduating from The Academy each year. There could be some here; it’s possible that they may be here. But they’re nothing I can’t handle…at least I think. But why would these werewolves be so casual? If they’re casual then there shouldn’t be anything to worry about.

I sighed; I didn’t know how to feel about this, being so out in the open. And I didn’t even know where I was. I was going to have to get a feel as to where I am because this could be a real disadvantage. I decided to end up laying low, I was being kind of paranoid but I didn’t know how else to act. Once we got into the mall Nana led me into different stores finding outfits that looked good on me. I mostly shrugged them off and kept watching the people around me, I noticed that they would all look at me with such awe. But there was nothing special about me, just my blood. My shoulders slumped and I ran a hand through my long hair, I didn’t fit in and I couldn’t fit it.

I sat on the chase that lined the wall of the dressing room and took a deep breath; I don’t get how mom lived like this. I growled at myself for thinking about her I didn’t want to get soft and mushy, but she’ll be coming in a week so I had to somehow get use to the thought. Just then Nana decided to come out of the dressing room with a pretty long dress. The dress had colors that at the top were purple then faded to black to the bottom, it was strapless and I thought it suited her well. She saw me looking at her and she spun around and grinned. “Do you like it?” she asked me anxiously.

I nodded. “Yeah you should get it, it suits you.” I smiled and stood up to examine it closer, I walked circles around her, literally. It really did suit her, the different colors brought out her eyes, I smiled.

She beamed and walked back into the dressing room to change back into her clothes. Once she came back out with the dress got up to walk to the clerk. I was confused when she sat the dress down on the chase. I looked at her. “Aren’t we going to go pay for it?” I asked her confused.

A sly grin spread across her face. “Before that we’re going to find you a dress for the Alpha’s ball. Nana said and I frowned.

“I’m not even sure if I’m going, the only reason I’m thinking about it is because the Luna asked me to go.” I said sitting back down on the chase. After what happened with Klaus I’m not even sure if I actually want to wear a dress. I guess I was sitting there for a while because when I looked up I noticed Nana already had a bunch of dresses in hand that she wanted me to try on.

I sighed. “Come on we have to at least look, and if you decide to change your mind you’ll have the dress anyways.” She smiled.

I walked up to her and snatched of the dresses out of her hand and walked into the dressing room. “Let’s get this over with.” I mumbled to myself.