Chapter 2 Potions and Seating Charts

"Oh you'll find out soon enough." Those words rang in Hermione's mind melodically and periodically throughout the day. What did he even mean? He had nothing to do with her ever since first year, why now? His gray eyes mesmerized her and his arrogant smirk always made her blush.

"Granger!" Snape's voice barks,"Daydreaming again I see, ten points from Gryffindor for the lack of attention."

Ronald's ears turned pink and he puffed up his chest. "Professor," he exclaimed," that isn't fair, Hermione has a lot on her mind, exams, and her parents 'is all."

"Yea!" Neville piped up, Hermione turned around, surprise filling her features. Neville was terrified of Snape, everyone knew that. "Leave Hermione alone, you're not being fair!"

Snape's lip curled into an evil smirk," would you rather I turn my attention to you, Mr. Longbottom?" Neville shook his head, vigorously,"any more outbursts we'd wish to address? Hmmm, Potter?" He rounded on Harry. Draco sat behind Snape's turned back, making immature gestures.

He opened his mouth but Hermione cut him off, squeezing his knee forcefully, " No, Professor." She grinned, with great force.

"Good, I wouldn't want to deduct any more points from the already losing house." Draco could contain his laughter no longer and it came bursting forth. Snape whirled around," Malfoy!" He snapped," switch seats with Mr. Potter, since apparently he is so humorous." Draco, shocked, picked up his books and slid effortlessly next to Hermione. "Now, turn to page 394, for review." (Ahaha see what I did there :D )

"If you smack me in the face with your effortlessly locked-in-the-upward position arm, I'll hex your Muddy brains out." Draco hissed. Hermione snorted, Draco started his sentence smart, but trailed off to his darker, stupider self. Why? The rest of Potions trickled on, with only an occasional glare from Malfoy and sorrowful looks from the rest of the Gryffindors. Upon being dismissed Draco got up stiffly and quickly, "Accio." His belongings followed his swift exit out the door.

"I'm sorry Hermione, it's all my fault. If only I woulda kept my mouth shut." Ron said remorsefully.

"No, it's alright Ron. It was my fault in the first place. I should have been playing attention." Hermione patted him on the shoulder. "I'm sure Snape will change our seating arrangements soon." She waves her hand dismissively and starts to pile up her books, leaving. Soon, Malfoy cornered her.

"Mudblood, what the bloody hell were you thinking?!" Malfoy jabbed a finger into her arm.

She whipped around," Oh what was I THINKING! I wasn't the one making faces from behind Snape's back! You need to grow up, Malfoy and stop acting like a baby! Oh and by the way, I hope your father doesn't hear about this, he wouldn't want his precious "Pureblood" associating with Non-Pureblood." She spat contemptuously. She stormed up to the Great Hall for dinner, her anger bubbling dangerously close to the surface.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, comment, follow, thanks!