Chapter 19

(Thank you for reading! If you liked this story make sure to check out @TakanosSlave, leave a vote or a comment what you think, and stay tuned for the next chapters! Things are bout to get interesting.)

"Mai?" Chie whispered to Mai as the ship drifted farther away from the grounds of Sindira. "?" Mai hummed, looking back at Sindria as the generals waved their hands as a farewell. 

"Arent you feeling a little off about Sinbad?" 

"Sinbad? No, why? He's a kind generous man, why would I think badly of him?" Mai shrugged. 

Chie looked down and hadn't bother replying anymore. Soon, she left the top part of the ship and started to go downstairs, where the rooms were. 

Chie heard loud conversations from the other rooms. 

"It's probably the trio." She thought. "I wouldn't want to bother them." 

A loud bang came from another room, startling Chie as she dropped her wand. 

She picked it back up and put her hair back behind her ear. 

She entered the room where she was supposed to be, until she saw a weeping blond eavesdropping on the trio. 

"Gyaaa!!!!" Alibaba hooted, pressing his back against the wall, shocked. 

Chie narrowed her eyebrows. "W-Who are you?"

"Who are you?" Alibaba shot back. "I've never seen you here." 

"I'm Chie. I'm with Mai, the magi. I'm supposed to stay here in this room." 

"Ahhh, you ruined everything, Chie-san!!" A chorus of moans came from behind the sorceress. 

Aladdin scratched his head. "We were supposed to surprise Alibaba. But since you're here, lets get to know each other better." 

Aladdin offered a hand shaking, but Chie brushed it off with a cold shoulder. Somehow, she felt odd about him. "Whatever. I'm going to put my stuff here." 

"So is that a yes?" Aladdin stuck his nose into Chie's business. 

"Excuse Aladdin, he's really like that--" Hakuryuu pulled him back, away from the white haired. 

Hakuryuu blinked. "Chie-san? You're my mother's--" 

Chie nodded sadly. "Yes, Hakuryuu. I am." An odd eerie silence filled the room. 

--------------------------------------

"Somehow, I feel odd about that Chie girl." Sinbad flicked a coin in his palm, looking down at Alma Torran writing engraved on the scroll. 

Ja'far bent over, reading the scroll. "Well, she is from the Kou empire."

"No, its not something as shallow as that, Ja'far." Sinbad tried to make a connection, but he always ended up flustered.

"Do you think she's related to Gyokuen? I felt the same presence when we shook hands. She wasn't even herself when she managed to crush my bones." Sinbad stretched his fingers.

"She couldn't be a child from her." Ja'far added, placing his fingers on his chin. "They don't look alike-- at all!" 

Sinbad rested, pausing. After a while, he turned to Ja'far, and smirked. 

"Why don't we pay the Kou empire a visit?"