Chapter 13

(MAI P.O.V)

A loud crash echoed my ears, asleep from the party the night before. 

I jolted awake from my bead, wheezing for breath and looked out the window to see where it had came from--

And there it was, a flying siren battling with Sinbad, forging himself into a thrashing wind controller. 

It was nothing like it! Water and wind clashing each other as I raced to change my clothes into Sindria's uniform (Sinbad gave it to me) and ran through the spiral stairs, looking up at the sky where the two thrashed and clashed their powers.

"Woah..." I moved forward to get a better sight, but Ja'far's hand intersected the way. 

"Don't go nearer." He said. "These two are very powerful. Even I couldn't withstand Kougyoku's maniac-like powers." 

"K-Kougyoku? That's her?!" I looked back at the princess. The princess who was so kind and gentle, now, a clashing psychopath in battle. I was struck with awe as her blade controls the wide ocean just beneath her. 

"Yeah, I hardly believed it too. Now that they're there, all I could to is sit back in awe." 

To be frank, nobody had a better idea. i may be a magi, but even I couldn't take on a bug! 

"Ja'far, I don't know, but I'd love to be a better magi, just like Judal, and maybe even Aladdin." 

Ja'far looked back at me, eyes wide. "I completely understand. We are boarding a ship to Reim after a few. There's a great magi there who can teach you the basic things. If i could, I'd like to talk about it to Yamraiah to help you out the same with Aladdin, since you both are still learning." A smile carved from his gentle face. "But that makes me think a little. If Aladdin was in the Room of Fortitude with his djinn, then why were you with a djinn that was capturable?" 

"I don't really know myself." i said. " I guess i'm going to have to figure things out myself." 

My eyes faced back at the sky, sighting the king, Sinbad, fall consciously and swiftly equipped into another pot-bellied, djinn. 

"Mai, cover your ears now!!!" Ja'far pressed his head over his ears. 

I did the same, enough not to hear the slightest sound. 

I watched over Sinbad, emitting a powerful screech as I watched Kougyoku become penetrated by the shriek, falling over thus to be caught by the amateur swordsman, Alibaba. 

Soon, the three moved to Sinbad's towers, while I sat down beside sleeping Aladdin who took a rest from Yamraiah's strict training, waiting for further news. 

A knock came upon the door, and rushed myself to answer it--

"Mai, great news!" Ja'far exhaled. "Aladdin and the others are going to Reim today. Morgiana will go to the Dark Continent, and--"

His sentence was cut until a loud crash echoed just near the building. 

(Thanks for reading! If you liked this chapter and maybe the story itself give it a vote, comment down below what you think, and dont forget to follow me for further updates on the story!)