Confusion...

Earning
Hey there! I am sooo sorry for being so late to this!
So you have some mixed feelings...
First you like this guy on the football team.
Then your parents are heavily influenced by religion.
Then this guy is a jerk and playing you.
Then you might have feelings for this girl who was also being played.

So let's start with the boy.
What a jerk. If he is playing two girls at the same time that's just wrong. Drop him immediately. From my own experience from friends, never get with someone who has someone else, even if that person is leaving the other for you. Trust would be too much.

Next item. This girl. So you might like her? Have you had attractions to the same sex before it is this the first time?
If it's the first time you might be just realizing it through this experience. OR, you might just be so upset with the situation from the boy that you feel for this girl. You both are going through this cheating thing together. You can relate to one another. You might want to try and befriend her. It may be a way to cope.

Last thing.... Your parents.
So personally when it comes to religion. I am not a believer. However I don't judge what others believe in.
But if you find out your true feelings for this girl and you actually come to the fact and find out you are gay or bisexual and you tell your parents. I can only hope they will have support for you. In some instances the really religious find this to be horrible and treat their own children horribly. But any good parent will love you unconditionally.
Hope this helps...