How to be happy with you.

RainbowQuake_
How do I get comfortable and love myself??

So this is going to be different for every person. But in general for you to be happy with being you, you must love yourself.

When I was 12 I finally realized who I was. I knew I was gay. But because of fear I hid that part of me deep inside. I would wake up in the morning and think today I will be straight. I would tell myself I wasn't going to be gay.
Well a couple years go by. I'm at that time 15, I'm at school and kids who were also gay would ask me about my orientation. I would tell them I liked girls. I would have crushes and prom dates. I forced myself into the closet. However at night time I would go into random chat rooms online. (This was 11 years ago) I would lie and say I was 18 and in California. I would chat with these random guys about life. I would talk about what I want to do. Who I was. What I was afraid of. Basically anything I could type to them.
A couple more years go by.
I'm then turning 18. I'm graduating and going to school in the fall. Still in the closet. All this time, I would wake up daily and say that I was Tyler, a straight teen.
I then met a boy online. His name was Dustin. He was very nice. He was gay as well. He would talk to me all summer long. I started to feel a strong attachment to him. Like we I could tell him anything. Halloween time came around. He showed me his costume. The gay avenger.
(Yes, very stereotypical)
However this costume was more than just a gay costume to wear. It was about being proud of who he was.
Right at the moment, a boy from a 1000 miles away, made my brain click into thinking mode. I have to accept myself. This is me. I need to quit hiding. I need to be happy.
No I would never go out in costumes like the gay avenger but seeing him so secure made me feel like this is the way to be.
So I did it. I came out.
I had to fight a long battle within myself and realize, life is so much better when YOU don't lie to yourself every morning.
It takes a while and will be different for every person. But you can grow love for yourself and you can accept yourself when the time is right.
Just always know the light will be bright when you get closer and closer to it. At first you will want to hide the light but one day you will let it shine.
Love you all.
Tyler