Chapter 11 : Dead!?

Chapter 11

Friday Morning...

Riker POV

Yesterday, I didn't really make much progress with Lexi. She was so depressed, and I didn't know what to do to help her! I tried telling her that I loved her, and she was important to me, and all this other stuff. But I don't know if she really believed me. She wouldn't get out of bed, and she wouldn't really eat anything when I brought her dinner. And now I was really concerned about her being home alone today.

"Lexi?"

I walked into her room.

"Lexi, I'm about to leave for school. Are you sure you're not coming?"

"I'm not."

I sighed.

"Ok... Do you want me to stay home with you?"

"No, that's ok..."

"Alright... Well do you need anything before I leave?"

"No..."

"Ok... I'll see you when I get home, ok?"

"Ok..."

"Bye, Lexi."

"Bye, Riker..."

I turned back to look at her as I walked through her doorway. She was laying in bed, staring at the floor, just like yesterday.

I left the house, and walked to school alone.

Later...

Riker POV

I was sitting in history right now. I looked next to me at Lexi's empty seat. All I could think about was Lexi.

Lexi, Lexi, Lexi...

I started writing her name in small bubble letters on a page of my notebook. I was supposed to be taking notes, but drawing Lexi's name was more interesting right now.

We weren't really doing anything anyways. And I hated history. So did Lexi. I remember when we got our mid marking period reports, and she was failing history. She's going to have a hard time bringing her grade up now that she's missed a whole week of school!

In the school, there were these people we called runners. They were kids who had a free period, so they would bring passes to classes. The passes were from the guidance office. And they said where to go if you got a pass.

One of the runners knocked on our door. The teacher gave the pass to me, and it said to go to the main office immediately. I packed up my stuff, got the homework for me and Lexi from the teacher, and left. I was kind of nervous as to why I needed to go to the office. Was I in trouble or something?

I opened the door to the main office and handed the lady my pass.

"You're Riker Lynch?" She asked.

"Yeah...?"

"You're being dismissed early."

The lady pointed behind me, and Lexi's father was standing there. I followed him out to his car, and got in the passenger's seat. My mind was racing at a million miles an hour. Was I in trouble or something? Did something happen to my parents in Italy? What if my parents were home!?

"What's going on?" I asked, kind of scared.

"We're going to the hospital."

"Why!?"

"Lexi tried to kill herself."

A/N: I already have the next few chapters written, but if you guys have any suggestions or ideas on what you might want to see in the future, please leave comments! Love you all!