Chapter 22

About chapter 13, I’ve had several messages and comments about chapter 13 being posted two times.. Something went wrong on WP. I had posted it, but it didn’t appear so I posted it again. After a couple of minutes the first one I posted was also posted. So I removed one of them. after getting your messages I checked the WP app, went to WP on my internet browser and went on ‘my works’ on WP, but I keep seeing only one chapter 13. I don’t understand how a lot of you have that chapter twice. Just wanted to clear that up and sorry for any inconvenience..

Tank Ft. Chris Brown – Lonely

A beautiful edited picture of Cristal Reed on the side, made by Dollivy

An extra long chapter as a reward for being patient with me! Thanks guys!

--------------------

Nathaniel and I walked in silence next to each other deeper into the woods. Usually our quiet moments were comfortable and relaxing, but now they were nerve-racking because of all the important decisions we had to make. There was a lot of responsibility on our shoulders while we dealt with our own personal issues at the same time.

Nathaniel was dealing with his backstabbing best friend Joshua and his accomplice Lindsey, who also happened to be his cousin. As if it wasn’t hard enough for him to have two of his closest people turn against him, he also had to deal with a couple of high ranked pack members who followed Joshua’s footsteps. An Alpha’s worst nightmare, having your own men turn against you.

I, on the other hand, had finally found out who killed my father, but didn’t know where he was. My mother was kind of AWOL, my Beta claimed to be in love with me and my third in command rejected his mate and was dealing with the consequences of his decision.

To top all of this off, we had to decide the future of both our packs in less than eight hours. Saying our lives were messed up at the moment would’ve been a huge understatement. 

When Nathaniel and I were deep enough in the woods we stopped to change.

“Too bad we can’t communicate in our wolf forms yet,” I said smiling up to him.

“Well..we can do something about that,” he wagged his eyebrows suggestively and gave me a cocky grin.

I pushed him playfully out of my way as I walked past him to change behind a tree. “You would like that, wouldn’t you.”

“Definitely,” he chuckled. I shook my head as I continued walking away from him towards a big tree. “Hey Hales,” he called after me.

“Yeah?” I turned my head to face him.

Nathaniel had already undressed and was only standing in his boxers. He was pretty fast considering he was only wearing dark blue shorts and a white t-shirt.

My eyes wandered over his well trained body, making my mouth water. I forgot how hot he looked without clothes on. I had to stop myself from drooling over his impressive six-pack that started to turn into an eight pack. 

“I just thought I should give you a preview of the big show,” he smirked. I stared at him in confusion.

When his hands went to the waistband of his boxers understanding dawned on me. Before I even had to time to cover my precious innocent eyes it was already too late; he was standing in front of me in his birthday suit.

I slapped my hands on my face to cover my eyes. “Nathaniel,” I shrieked out. All I heard on his end was his booming laughter.

“What?” he asked innocently. I heard some rustling. When I peeked through my fingers I saw a huge dark blue wolf standing at the exact same place Nathaniel was standing.