Chapter 1

Hi everyone,

This is my first story on Wattpad. Hope you'll enjoy it! Don't forget to leave a comment.

!Story isn't edited yet!

Xx - H

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2012 SimpleH

All rights reserved.

Any unauthorized broadcasting and or copying will constitute an infringement of copyright.

Chapter 1

Graduation. After four years of working hard on essays and midterms, the day of my graduation finally arrived. I was eighteen and was very close to starting college life. I was accepted at a college out of the state and was excited to be away from my hometown for a couple of years.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved my hometown and the people in it, but it felt good to take a break for a couple of years. Growing up in a werewolf pack was suffocating at times. Especially when you were the daughter of the Alpha. Which basically meant being surrounded by pack business 24/7, because my father liked to include me as much as possible with the pack. I was his only child after all. He didn’t have a son to pass his knowledge on to, like most Alphas did. So instead he liked to pass his knowledge on to me. I think he just liked to act like he had a son sometimes. I went along with everything anyway, to please him.

Our pack was one of the strongest packs in the area, mainly because we had over a hundred strong werewolves. The strength of our pack attracted a lot of people outside the pack who love the idea of taking over my father´s position as Alpha, whatever the cost. That’s why the pack was always on its guard.

“Haley?” I turned around to see my best friend and pack member Katelyn Baker standing behind me. Her blue eyes were looking very nervous my way. She was the typical blond girl with blue eyes. The opposite of my chocolate brown hair and brown eyes.

“What’s up, Kate?! Ready to end high school with a bang?” I grinning at her. Katelyn was our valedictorian and very nervous about her speech.

“I’m so nervous, it’s not even funny anymore,” she pouted.

“Don’t worry. You’ll be great and everyone will love your speech!” Even though it was a huge honor to be chosen valedictorian, I was glad that she had better grades than me or else it would have been me standing there. I shuddered at the thought. I never liked being the center of attention and standing there would have definitely put me in the spotlight.

“What if I fall or puke or stumble on my words. Or even worse, forget the words!” Katelyn’s panicked ramble brought me out of my train of thoughts, reminding me that I had to calm my best friend down.

I put my hands on her shoulders and looked her straight in the eyes. “Katelyn, we’ve rehearsed this a million times at your place. You were great then and you will be great now. So stop freaking out.”

She kept looking at me for a couple of seconds as I withdrew my hands from her shoulders. “Ok, you’re right. It’ll all be fine and over soon.” The last part she mumbled to herself while putting her graduation gown over her purple dress and letting her short curly hair fall on her shoulders. I followed her lead as I put my graduation gown over my navy green summer dress. 

We were standing in line waiting to be handed our diplomas while our principal was giving a speech on stage, when I noticed my parents weren’t in the audience. The seniors were expected before the ceremony so I didn’t see my parents this morning because I left early. As I scanned the crowd it surprised me to see my parents weren’t the only one’s missing, a couple of high ranked pack members weren’t in the crowd too. As a matter a fact, the parents that attended were mostly humans with a couple of exceptions. Some of my werewolf friends gave me a questioning look as they wondered the same thing, but I just shrugged, letting them know I was as clueless as them.