Chapter 30

A longer update to make up for my absence<3.

Claude Kelly - No Turning Back >>>

-----

“I think we need to combine the territories already,” I told Nathaniel as we drove to my side of the pack. Nathaniel was sitting behind the wheel, while I sat in the passenger seat.

“Really? I was thinking the opposite actually. We could use the separated territories to our advantage,” Nathaniel answered, taking his eyes off the road to look at me.

“We could, but he’ll be expecting that. We need something to throw him off guard. I bet he’s counting on waiting for us to be far away from each other before he strikes. We could surprise him by forming an united front,” I explained.

Nathaniel turned his eyes back on the road and seemed to be thinking my plan over. “It’s going to be a lot of hard work, in a short period of time,” Nathaniel said. “Time we’re supposed to be using to make the pack stronger,” he added, glancing towards me once again.

“We are using that time to make the pack stronger. Most fighters have been training their asses off in these last couple of months. So they’re all ready for the battle. All they have to do is stay in shape. Rebuilding two packs will do just that,” I told him.

“Alright. I trust your judgment on this. If we’re doing this we need to start as soon as possible. We can’t lose any more time.”

“I know, but I need to take care of some things first before we even announce this to the pack. So can you keep this between us until then?” I asked Nathaniel, hoping he wouldn’t ask anything about the matter. I needed time to figure out if Jeremy was indeed playing us before he would have the time to tell Joshua about our plans.

 Nathaniel frowned. “Sure, but what is it that you need to take care of?”

“The part of the territory that I’ll be giving up to take over the unmarked territory has some places I want to visit before I let it go,” I quickly told him. It wasn’t entirely a lie. I had to give up the training field where my fighters had their training and where my father used to train me, and other spots which held more memories of my father.

“Alright, just make it quick. Like I said, we can’t afford to take our time on this one,” Nathaniel told me.

I nodded in agreement.

Nathaniel and I reached my pack house in no time. I got out of the car, but before I got to make another move Nathaniel was in front of me. He slipped his arm around my waist only to close the door of the car and press me against it. Just like that his touch ignited the passion between us.

“You still haven’t had enough?” I joked, pretending his touch didn’t have any effect on me.

Nathaniel lowered his head and buried it in between my neck and shoulder. “I doubt I’ll ever get enough of you,” he breathed against my neck. He found the spot he was looking for, the mark he created, and placed soft kisses on it. That small action made a shiver go down my spine.

“Good,” I told him, sounding a little too husky.

He pulled me tighter against him, making me feel almost every inch of his toned body. “You know what the best part of getting our territories together is?”

“What’s that?”

“Being with you. Every night I’ll go to sleep with you in my arms. It won’t be a ‘once in a while’ thing, like it is right now. It will be-“ Nathaniel stopped mid-sentence.