Chapter 26

You guys come up with awesome pack names. Thank you all for that!!

Haley’s pack will be named Blue Moon Pack. I saw a couple comments with this name, so a dedication to everyone who commented with Blue Moon.

Nathaniel’s pack will be called Red Night Pack. @splashmonster Thanks for coming up with this one and also mentioning Blue Moon!

I’ll go through the story and add the names very soon..

Another long chapter. I think it's even longer than chap. 25. Enjoy! Xx

----------

The next morning I woke up alone in my king sized bed, with no sign of Nathaniel. When I tried to sense if he was somewhere in the pack house, I came up with nothing.

The moment I turned to lay on my stomach I noticed a yellow post-it on the pillow Nathaniel used the previous night. I furred my brows in confusions as I wondered where he found the post-it, since I couldn’t even remember the last time I used one.

I pulled the note with Nathaniel’s handwriting scribbled on it, off my pillow and read it.

Had to leave and didn’t want to wake you up. Wear something nice tonight. I have a surprise for you. N.

There was no explanation to why he left early, nor was there a hint of what the surprise was, but the sweet gesture made me forget all about it. In my mind I was already trying to figure out what I was going to wear.

My thoughts were interrupted by the voice of Warren through my mind. ‘Are you planning on getting out of there anytime soon or do we get the day off?’

I was surprised when I sensed him right outside my bedroom. I had expected him to be with Nathaniel since he was one of the few guys Nathaniel completely trusted. As soon as that thought entered my mind I realized why Warren was here. He left him with me because he wanted me to have the strongest guys around me incase Joshua decided to attack, even if that meant that he was left with only one or two guys he could completely count on. Typical Nate.

I could hear his explanation already. “As long as you are safe.”

I got up and grabbed a bathrobe as I made my way towards the door. When I was done tying the robe I opened the door and saw Warren leaning against the wall with two cups of coffee in his hands.

He pushed himself off of the wall and handed me one of the cups. “Here you go. Thought you might need it after the night you had,” he grinned and walked past me entering my bedroom uninvited. He plopped down on one of my loveseats and faced me with the same grin still plastered on his face.

I raised an eyebrow at him. “Make yourself at home, why don’t you. And thanks,” I said, holding the cup of coffee up, completely ignoring his statement about last night. That wasn’t something I felt comfortable discussing with Warren. Even if we got close during a short period of time, I still didn’t knew him that well.

“You’re welcome,” he said, ignoring my first statement. “So, what are our plans for today, Alpha lady?”

“Is she awake?” I answered his question with a question of my own as I walked towards my closet.

“If by ‘she’ you mean the little she-dog you picked up yesterday.. then yes, she’s awake. Jeff’s with her and Aaron and Andrew are keeping a close eye on them.”

“Good. I guess that will be the first stop for today then,” I said. I took a sip of my coffee and placed it on a small table next to me to get my outfit of the day. I decided to wear some light blue jeans with a stripped chiffon top I hadn’t worn in a long time. “I’ll just take a quick shower and then we can head downstairs,” I told Warren when I reached the bathroom door.