Chapter 1- Just Keep Holding On

Suggested by susutls, to anyone else reading this part. If you have a book idea but you can't write. Let me know and we can work on it together. Your idea, my writing style?

I had enough of Gabe Ugliano my stepfather. He took it to far.

Sorry, I should really introduce myself. Hello, my name is Percy Jackson and I am currently 5 years old. Now you may be thinking, "You're five years old? You have a very wide word choice for a 5 year old."

Well, you see. I'm a genius. Just plain simple really. Or at least that's what I'm told anyway.

What's this centuries word for genius?

But anyway, back to the reason why I've had enough of Smelly Gabe. It's simple really.

It started like a regular day. I was with my mother and we were baking in the kitchen when Gabe stumbled in drunk.

He was really out of it and it wasn't that hard to tell. My mom started to talk to hims strictly, she never ever yells, until he just seemed to snap.

He pulled out a revolver he somehow had and I tried to run forward but I was frozen as he shot her. I mean, seriously! He freaking shot her drunk!

Now you may think this is where my real story starts. Hold your pants folks cause it's not. I stayed for a bit longer, I was scared but I always had my head up and defied him when he ordered me to do something.

Downside was I got punished for it, I have grown to be terrified of the dark because he would sometimes lock me in the closet, sometimes forgetting about me until I picked the lock. I've gotten better but the most time I spend in the closet is roughly 18 hours not counting the time I would be sleeping, or trying to for that matter.

I have grown slightly afraid of him over the three months after my mother's death. He would sometimes whip me, most of the time though he just threw empty, sometimes slightly less than half full, beer bottles at me.

But I was more terrified of living on the streets. Trying to gather my courage to finally leave the dump, but I'm only 5 and living in the streets...

I knew that it might not work out too well but it was my only chance to get away from the abuse, or at least that's how I saw it. But I was only 5...

I was short for my age too., not by much but enough that I'm picked on for it...

I already skipped two grades because of my intelligence so I got bullied at school...

How could a 5 year old live on the streets?

But I managed because of the day that Gabe took it to far.

The actually day that I lived on the streets was when Gabe tried to tell me my mother was a shitty woman who only had me because of my father.

I knew better and I was, in better terms, pissed off.

I yelled at him, and yelled at him, until he tried to hit me. Then I kicked him hard where it really hurts and ran toward my room.

I packed a bookbag and waited till dark. Then entering the kitchen and stealing canned food I went back toward my room and snuck out through the fire escape.

I landed on the ground and took off running.

This...

This is where my real story begins...