Chapter 14 - Late Night Outing

"Are you insane?"

I was having this huge urge to slam my head against the wall.

The whole freaking evening; I waited and waited and waited on Max. But NO! He didn't come. I decided that he had cancelled our meeting without notifying me. Jerk. But I was wrong. Here's what happened:

After waiting for almost two hours, I finally removed my favourite Tee and put on my old shirt and sweatpants, ate my dinner and cuddled into the bed with this new teen book: Fallen crest high. 

Plink, plink.

I groane, wondering where the noise was coming from. I had fallen asleep somewhere in between and the lights were on. I didn't bother to get up and rolled onto my stomach. 

Plink, plink.

The noise was coming from the window. I finally pushed myself out of my bed and looked around, trying to find out the source of the noise. The glass pane shook a bit, and I heard another plink sound.  

Thief? Nope. Why would a thief throw stones on my window? Ghost? Naah! I mentally slapped myself and then padded towards the window. It was all dark outside and I couldn't see a thing. I opened the window—Wow; the breeze was so cool and soothing—and looked around. I was about to peep out but the person threw a stone again, which squarely fell on my forehead.  

"Ow!" I winced and rubbed my forehead. "What? Who is it?"   Someone flashed a light at me. It was–No surprise here — Max. He was waving the torchlight at me. I quickly grabbed my cell phone from my table and called him.   

"Finally awake? God, you can sleep through hurricanes too, can't you?" No greetings, no apologies. Typical Max.  

"Shut up!" I snapped. I loved sleeping. And I wasn't a morning person — in this case, a night person — I was dreaming all nice dreams and this idiot woke me up just when something good was about to happen.

"Do you what time it is?"  

"Yep. Midnight. 12:00 AM." He answered easily. I could hear the amusement in his voice. "Now, you're awake. Get up and bring your cute butt down. I'm waiting."   

"What?!" I gasped, exasperated by Max. This guy was definitely crazy. "You want me to come down, like, right now?"  

"Are you deaf?" He joked and then turned serious. "My surprise. Remember, I asked you this afternoon?"  

This was the time I was starting to have that urge.  

"Tina, are you scared?" He joked again when I didn't reply to his question.   

"Of course not!" I replied arrogantly. "I'll be there in ten." Without waiting for his reply, I hung up and searched for some cute clothes — Not too sexy and not too simple. It was cold outside, so I put on my most thick woollen top and denim and sneakers. George was deep asleep, I could hear him snoring. I quietly tiptoed downstairs and was out of the house within seconds.  

My heart was beating rapidly. I had never EVER sneaked out of the house before. I was all about being responsible. But here I was, sneaking out for a friend-- Actually; I don't even know what Max is. I mean after the kiss and all. -- who was a playboy. Sneaking out is thrilling. BUT, I don't recommend it to you people. I knew sneaking out was wrong. Roaming with a guy who was not my boyfriend was wrong. But I couldn't resist the curiosity. I was angry at myself because I could never say 'no' to Max. 

Max was waiting for me near his car. I quickly slid into the car and slammed the door shut. Max just shook his head and settled into the driver's seat.