Chapter 8 - Surprise!

I woke up on Sunday with the worst (and my first) hangover. I couldn't sleep for the whole night. The alcohol made me restless. I would indulge carefully next time-- and here I go thinking about the next party already. Ha! 

On the table beside my bed, my phone was ringing its obnoxious tune in the morning, the tone too piercing to my ears, and I felt like my brain would burst into pieces any time.

 I ignored it and took the pillow from below me and pressed it against my ear to drown all the sound. But the phone caller had other ideas; it started ringing again.

I threw the pillow aside, sat on my bed and picked up the call without looking at the ID. "If you don't have a perfect excuse to call, I'll kick you in your arse so badly it'll hurt like hell," I growled.

The voice chuckled. "Oh, When did you turn feisty, Tina?" asked the voice, the same voice which whispered to me last night that it likes me. Yeah, Adam's voice.

"My head's paining so badly," I grumbled as I sat a bit straighter on my bed. "I shouldn't have drunk much. But I couldn't stop. You could have stopped me though."

"Yeah, But we had fun, didn't we?" He asked softly. His voice was making me feel mushy.

I started to process the events of yesterday's party. Adam had asked me to be his girlfriend, which was still difficult for me to believe. I knew right from the start we would be compatible with each other. After we kissed, allow me to mention this, the kiss was damn awesome. Electricity shot through me as I remembered how it felt when his lips touched mine, caressing it softly. I still felt something nagging me: the puzzle was incomplete. A piece was missing. I was being dramatic today. I sighed.

We had both announced it to the people in the house. They'd cheered when we danced to all the slow songs. It was the best night ever. I smiled to myself and jerked back to the present. Adam was waiting for my reply.

"Yeah, it was," I said happily. "Yesterday was the best night ever!"

He laughed. "It was for me too. I'll never forget it. Oh, I called you for a reason. Your head must be hammering. I want you to eat something, have a bath, and take some aspirin. I'm sure it'll make you feel better."

Did he call just for this? Oh my! Who knew I would land up with a caring boyfriend?

"Thanks so much, Adam," I said softly. My head was still paining but Adam was distracting me from noticing it. "I'm gonna do those things now. I just want it to stop. I'll never drink again."

"The first-timers always say that. Alright, I'll call you up later. I've some plans for us today."

I coughed deliberately, "Aren't you forgetting something?"

"What?" 

"You are supposed to ask me if I am okay with the plans!" 

"Uh..." Probably flustered, he mumbled, "I have planned something for us today, would you be interested in joining me?"

I giggled, "Don't sound scared! I am not going to beat you up."

"You never know, Tina. You never know."

"So, what is the plan?" I ignored his statement.

"No no. First, you freshen yourself up. We'll talk later. Bye Tina." The phone clicked off.

I put on my glasses and stalked into the bathroom and literally jumped when I saw myself in the mirror. My hair was balled in knots, mascara had spread around my eyes. There was a trace of lipstick all over my jaw. 

Quickly washing my face and brushing my teeth, I ran downstairs and into the kitchen. I couldn't wait to tell Mom that I was finally dating someone. Not someone, but George's best friend Adam.