Chapter 9 - Mischievous Tina

Week 2- The Makeover plan

1)    Continue the previous stuffs.

2)   Relax.

3)   Make new friends.

4)   Loosen yourself up and be a little flexible.

5)   Do some mischief and have the time of your life!!!!! :D

Seriously? What the hell was that? I bet this was all Amanda's doing. She always said the same dialogue: "C'mon Valentina, Have the time of your life!"

I sighed and searched for some comfy but stylish clothes. My wardrobe only consisted of black tees and jeans. But after my Mum heard about the plan, she bought some more clothes for me, all designer. When I confronted her about it she that it was the first and the last time she spent money on clothes.

I wore a red cotton t-shirt with some intricate designs on it and a white knee-length skirt with red sneakers. Thank god, we didn't have that much restriction in our school. We were allowed to wear what we wanted as long as it wasn't party wear or anything fancy.

I hummed a song as I packed my bag and skipped downstairs. Max and Adam were already seated in the kitchen, eating pancakes my Mom had made today.

"Hmm..." muttered Max, "This is so good!"

I sat between them, which was the only place left, and looked at Max, who was eating his breakfast with so much concentration and making yum noises, that I couldn't resist teasing, "Foodgasm, tsk tsk. I wonder if its the first time you've had any sort of 'gasm'"

All the three guys choked and started coughing badly. Adam accidentally spat out some of his pancake and gasped, "Did I actually just hear what you said?"

Max grinned unabashedly. "Someone's getting all sassy today."

"Just making conversation," I shrugged and started to eat quickly. Today I had planned to go with Amanda on the bus. She said she wanted to discuss something important.

 Max leaned into me and whispered, "Today I'm gonna ask a girl on a date." 

I glared at him. What was he expecting me to do with his relationship information? 

"Your challenge." He murmured softly, his eyes never leaving mine. I remembered our last night conversation.

"Listen, I don't want you to use a girl. I mean, I never even challenged you or anything. I just said that you are a commitment-phobic guy."

"Its one and the same!" exclaimed Max. I shook my head. "Do what you want!" I sighed and skipped out of the room. I was dying to meet Amanda and tell her about Max and Adam. 

"What?!" She squealed, the passengers ahead of us looked behind startingly and the bus stopped. 

"Amanda!" I hissed and pinched her arm so hard, she gasped, pulled back and started rubbing her arm, looking at me angrily. 

"What is the problem, Missy?" asked the Driver, who walked towards us and stood beside our seat, his hands on his hips and looked at us with suspicious eyes. I shook my head, trying to control my laughter and Amanda beside me replied with choking voice, "Nothing sir. I think I saw... An insect sitting on my arm, and I just... screamed." That was such a lame excuse. 

The driver looked at us up and down. "There is no insect here." He started frowning.

"Of course, there isn't!" She said as a matter of factly. "When I screamed, it ran away... flew away, whatever! That's so obvious!" To add a special effect, she rolled her eyes. A chuckle burst out of my mouth, and I tried to hide it by coughing, but I was caught.