Chapter 11 - Innocent kiss?

"Mom, Dad, I will miss y'all so much!" I cried and hugged both of them. They were all packed and ready to go to Miami. I knew they were going only for two days, but still, I would miss them like hell. I bet George was happy about this. He wasn't happy with me. 

When I reached home, I directly went to my parents and told them what George had done. I didn't tell them about the first time he had brought Tim, only the second one. They gave George damn good scolding and grounded him for a whole MONTH! He's really pissed because he won't even say goodbye to them. Anyway, after giving me a sound lecture about being responsible, they left. 

"Did they go?" George asked through the stairway. I flashed him an angry glare. He ignored me and went into the main room, tapping into his phone.

"You're so mean, George! I can't believe I have such a dickwad brother!" I quickly ran upstairs and into my room. I slammed the door harshly and the door-frame shook slightly. This showed how angry I was. 

I didn't have any homework for the weekend. I fluffed up the pillows, making my bed comfortable to sit and continued reading with I've got your number which I had started somewhere in this week. I was already in love with Poppy and Sam and hoped that they ended up together (which they do, I'm sure!) I didn't even hear the door-bell and all the voices in the hall. I did stop reading after my door started vibrating with thumps. I could hear male voices and a feeling of dread sunk into my bones.

No. No way. No way did George invite them. Oh, my god! What had he done? I was mad at Max because he seemed to encourage George about all bad stuff. And yeah, Adam wasn't my favourite person either, because he only appeased them both and did whatever they wanted. 

"Teeeeeena!" Max sang from outside my door. I smacked my forehead with the book I was holding. Here begins the torture.

"What?" I shouted back. I didn't bother to get up and open my door. They knew the door was unlocked and they would barge in anytime, which they did after a few seconds.

Adam came in first, followed by Max and then a sulky looking George. I glared at them all and waited for them to talk. 

"Tina, Look, we're sorry about wrecking your club thing." Adam sat beside me and took me into his arm. He gave max a dirty look and continued. "That day when you told us about that teacher and her cat, we all decided to have some fun, you know." 

I ignored them. I knew I would start wavering soon enough, but this time they had gone beyond the limit. Bringing Tim twice in school, messing the whole class and finally disobeying the teacher. This wasn't what a sensible person would do. But their senseless thoughts were influencing my sensible ones. 

"If you want, we'll bend on our knees and beg for your forgiveness, Your royal highness," Max said sarcastically and George snickered. 

"No one is talking to you, sucker!" I snarled. "I don't want you to do anything— Oh wait, I have second thoughts. I want you to do something... And that is... GET LOST!"

I shouldered past Max and went downstairs. All three of them followed me quietly. I sat on the chair and buried my face into the crooks of my arms. They were silent. Finally, I felt someone pulling me against his shoulder and rubbing my arms gently. It was Max; I realised. And what more I realised wasn't at all good! 

I realised that I liked it, his arms around me. Made me feel safe or something like that, Comfortable... Secured. I think I knew he thought of me as his little sister. Screw that. Right now I was in his arms and I was suddenly calm.

"Sorry, Valentina. I didn't mean to sound like a jerk. We're just sorry for today. But don't tell me you didn't have fun. I saw you laughing at me when I busted my ass." Max tickled me and I gasped and pushed him so hard he fell off the chair.