Chapter 13 - Mia and Max

Monday morning, New week, New experiences. 

George had already slipped a piece of paper through the crack of the door. But I didn't pick it up. I decided to become the normal Tina. Weird, reserved, not at all talkative, and studious— not that I wasn't, after the plan. 

I wore my trademark clothes — Black tee with a hood and knee-length jeans and my favourite cowboy boots. I quickly brushed my hair and pulled it into a pony and rushed downstairs. Adam and Max had not yet arrived, and I quickly ate my cereals without bothering to talk with George and rushed out as fast as I could. Amanda was waiting for me at the bus stop and she gaped at me when she saw me walking towards her with my old-school attitude.

"What?! Don't tell me you are quitting the plan?!" Amanda demanded and pushed her hair behind her ears, fuming at me.

"Shut up, Manda. I'm not here to squabble. I'm pissed." I hesitated for a bit. Should I tell her or not? Amanda saw right through me because she narrowed her eyes and quickly said, "What is it?"

I didn't want to hide anything from her. She could help me, I decided. The words rushed out of my mouth without any pause and before I changed my mind. "IkissedMaxandnowAdamdosen'tknow"

She looked baffled for a minute and then clutched my shoulders tightly as realization dawned in her eyes. "WHAT?! Valentina Brown kissed Maxwell Grant?! Tell me you are kidding!"

I shook my head silently. She gasped, "Oh shit! It means you cheated on Adam? Tina, That's really too forward of you. I mean you're just out of your shell and all... And you're already making out with someone else!"

I frowned at her. Amanda was really too dense sometimes. 

"This isn't about the plan. This is about the three of us! What I did with Max... That was unforgivable! Adam was right there in the house and.. and I--" I stopped talking and covered my face with my hands. Sulking quietly, cursing myself for being so weak. 

Amanda gasped once again — Why was she gasping so much today?-- and I heard George calling me out.

"Why is Tina crying?!" George spun me towards him and cupped both my cheeks. "Why are you crying?"

I stuck my tongue out at him and pushed him. "Why would I cry and give you a reason to call me a cry-baby?"

 He chuckled and tucked me under his arms. "I was just thinking. You know people keep thinking."

I rolled my eyes and looked at all three of them. "So, what are you all doing here?"

"We decided to join you and Amanda. We want to see what's so good in a bus than a car." Max replied. He was his usual arrogant self, which was comforting. 

I ignored him and looked behind them to see the bus coming our way. "Here's the big bus. Guys, I hope you enjoy the ride."

George and Max made sure we all sat in the last seats. Our group was loud, and the boys were having too much fun. I was quiet and Adam kept giving me questioning glances. I just smiled at him and looked outside the windows. Still, four more stops to go. I was so deep in thoughts that I didn't almost realize that my group was quiet and I glanced at them. They were looking at— GASP— MIA!!! who was looking at the boys with seductive smile.

She sauntered towards us and sat in between George and Max, thankfully leaving Adam alone. Her cunning eyes scanned all of us. She looked confused and then she asked Max, "Hey, where's that hottie cousin of yours? Tin-Tin, right?"

I choked and started coughing too badly. Adam looked a bit sick and Max was making some weird noises as if he was trying to cover his laugh. George grinned unaffected by her question, "Oh, he's gone back to college. He tells me he really liked you."