Chapter 4 - Plan Makeover of Valentina

I should have known after seeing George's innocent expressions that he was up to some mischief. I should have known he would spoil the whole meeting. But, No! As usual, I was in my own freaking world, dealing with these girls who were discussing, not about the club, but about ME!

After Amanda's unexpected and senseless speech that somehow made sense to others, they started 'formulating a plan'. They even framed a name-

'Plan Makeover of Valentina Brown'.

All of them were enthusiastically discussing their plan. I tried many times to stop them, even threatened them that I'd call Miss Martin. But they all shot me a look which said if-you-dare-we're-gonna-kill-you. Amanda was enjoying my discomfort, for she kept sending me those triumphant looks. Natalie was smiling like a proud mother while she listened to everyone.

This thing dragged for a whole fifteen minutes. And then, I heard something metallic fall with a thud just outside the classroom. I stood up to inspect when a small thing scurried into the room.

You know in a movie scene when something disastrous happens, people take time to process things through, and then begins the havoc? Everyone sat very still, their eyes following the thing which was running wildly around the room. We saw right away that it was a MOUSE!

All hell broke loose; some of the girls began screaming. Amanda climbed on top of the desk. Others began to push each other and run out of the room. Notes, papers, pen all scattered on the floor. The mouse seemed to be enjoying it because it kept moving around their side of the room. The scene was so damn comical I started laughing. Amanda looked at me as if I had grown another head. I just shook my head at her and laughed.

Add one more thing in my weird list- I wasn't scared of rats. I wasn't scared of rodents and insects which seemed disgusting to people. They were actually sweet and not at all harmful. I had a pet mouse myself. It was all white and had soft furs and the eyes were blood red. It seemed to love me because whenever I took it out of its cage, it either sat on my shoulder, head or slept inside my pocket. My mom told me it was a boy so I had named it Tim.

Wait a minute... I noticed the mouse carefully. It was same as mine, white color, and a pink nose. It started to run towards me as if it recognized me. Great, just great. I quickly got up, hurried after the mouse and got hold of it. It was Tim, my cute lil pet.

Only my family and Amanda knew I had a pet and she wouldn't play this prank because she hated Tim and wouldn't voluntarily go near his cage. This meant the culprit was─ surprise surprise─ George. I probably should have known what he was up to. Why in the hell did I get a twin like him?!

"Girls, SHUT UP! Look, I got the mouse! HEY!" I shouted on top of my lungs and waved my hand wildly which were still holding Tim. A girl screamed from outside, "Get that mouse out!"

I heard some male voices assuring them that they would get it out soon once everyone was out of the room. Naturally, everyone was out by then and I was the only one left inside, petting my terrified mouse.

George strolled into the room casually, looking around and smirking at the mess. He beamed at me, faking a huge, surprised smile. "Why, dear sis. You did catch the mouse! I was so worried."

"Shut up, George!" I growled and stomped towards him. "What the f-", I caught myself before I actually spit those words. "Are you intending on spoiling my senior year?!"

He laughed and pulled me into a hug. "No, just trying to lighten you up. You are so serious all the time." Then he turned sideways and hollered. "Max, Adam you can join us you know!"

"This isn't a joke, George. Already the club is not working and now this!" I shoved him away. His friends entered the room and started guffawing.

"I can't believe it!" Max said. "That was so awesome! George, Why didn't you tell me you had a pet mouse?!"