Close Proximity

Jihoon couldn't make any words come out of his mouth. It was as if they were stuck in his throat, much like the way he was currently stuck laying directly on top of Seungcheol.

Branches were digging into his sides and there were cuts on his palms from the fall, dirt was all over his clothes and he was about ninety percent sure that there was something rotting in the proximity because an alarmingly strong, sickly-sweet smell was filling his nose.

But instead of focusing on the woodland surroundings Jihoon just couldn't stop thinking about the warm body beneath him, how Seungcheol was just dazedly gazing up at him with rosy cheeks and a huge grin, and how the arms around his waist were gradually getting tighter and tighter.

"Um Seungcheol, I'm not a pillow and I kind of need to breathe to live so would you mind maybe loosening up a bit?" Jihoon whispered with furrowed brows as there was no longer a pleasant look on the other's face. Instead there was one of fear.

"Oh uh, uh, s-sorry."

"Maybe you could let go all together so I could sit up? You know there is no real reason to trap me here, I kinda want to move because I don't know if it's you but something smells." Jihoon commanded in an irritated voice as he tried to sit up but yet again the arms tightened, and one hand had even moved up his back; the large hand had splayed out and was pressing Jihoon down till he was chest to chest with Seungcheol.

And worse, face to face with Seungcheol. The taller male's breath was coming out in short pants and was fanning across his face. A plump bottom lip trapped between white teeth that Jihoon could not stop staring at, practically drooling over the sight.

"Uh, yeah you can sit up, just uh, um lean to the left when you sit up there's a twig behind you, yeah a twig, it's all pointy wouldn't want to scratch yourself." Seungcheol replied with in a very shaky voice, his face going paler and paler by the minute.

"Oh, thanks, I guess." Jihoon said, slightly confused as to why Seungcheol was turning pale from a single branch. Wait, was he turning pale because Jihoon was heavy?! With flaming cheeks he quickly spun around to locate the branch in order to avoid said obstacle so he could stop suffocating Seungcheol as quickly as possible. How awkward, suffocating your crush, nice one Jihoon.

But there was no twig, no branch. Nothing even remotely pointy. All that was to the left of him was a bush covered in bright green leaves and a relatively large spider dangling in mid air. With a look of confusion on his features Jihoon looked back and forth between Seungcheol and the empty space containing the brown, spindly limbed spider, could it be that Seungcheol is...?

-

"Hansol, I swear to god if you tell anyone about what I just said I will end you." Seungkwan barked with a deadly serious expression on his face.

He couldn't deny that he liked how playful Hansol was with him, how no matter what he said to the other said male just took it in his stride and came back with some other insult. But now was different, now in his hot-headedness he had revealed one of Jihoon's oldest secrets as well as the biggest current one, Hansol just did things like that to him, making him so flustered that Seungkwan just couldn't focus.

"I won't if you won't?"

"God yes, deal!"

"...Seungkwan, you know just because we can't tell anyone about this doesn't mean that we can't-"

"Talk about it! Yes please let's! Oh my god I can't believe it! After all these years the same Seungcheol who rejected Jihoonie in third year is now the same one that likes Jihoon?! That's such a hilarious coincidence!" Seungkwan squealed as he burst out laughing.