✧ Mei Narumiya x Reader ➀

* ✫ ❚ -ˋˏ✦ˎˊ- ❚ ✫ *

M o n o t o n y

"(First Name)!" you heard your name being called loudly from behind you.

However, you paid no attention to whoever was calling you and continued walking straight ahead. At the end of the day, everything else would be irrelevant to you when the view above demanded your attention. The night sky is dotted with countless stars which you can't even name. Still, with that sight and the cold wind silently brushing past you, what else would matter?

"(First Nameeeeee)!!!" he yelled your name one more time for good measure just to get your attention. Well, apparently, no one else appreciates the scenery as you did. 

"Yes, prince?" you said, still not facing him.

"Where are we goinggggg!!?"

"You know, no one forced you to come with me. Remember, you tagged along in your own accord," you reminded him calmly.

"Yesss, but I was merely asking where we're heading off to?" Narumiya was almost fuming. 

"Somewhere, love," you answered nonchalantly.

"You're kidding me."

"..."

"(First Nameeeeeeeee)!!!!!!!"

"..."

"(First Name)!"

"Shut up, prince."

"..."

"Prince?"

"What?"

"Why are you not talking?"

"You told me to shut up, didn't you!?"

'I didn't think you'd actually shut up though,' you thought to yourself. "Prince, why did you come with me?"

"It's dark, that's why..." Narumiya mumbled quietly.

"Hmm? Sorry, your highness. Didn't catch that, mind saying that again?"

"I said, it's a whim!"

"Hmm?"

"Since the two of you are done flirting—" (Cousin's Name) interrupted the two of you.

"WE'RE NOT FLIRTING!" you and Narumiya said in complete unison, cutting her off.

With a complete unconvinced look on her face, "I'm heading somewhere now so I'll leave you two lovebirds at your own game, bye!" she said and disappeared right after.

It was the middle of school break, accompanied by your neighbor and childhood friend, Mei Narumiya, and your cousin, the three of you decided to take a stroll in the nearby park due to boredom. (Cousin's Name) was staying in your place for a sleepover today.

"That girl..." you mumbled as you placed a hand in your face. But then you remembered that your mother had told you to keep an eye on your cousin. "Prince, let's go after her."

"Prince?" you repeated as you received no response, looking straightly on his sapphire eyes.

"(First Name)-chan?" Narumiya looked at you, confused.

"(Cousin's Name)?" you said, trying to keep him on the same page.

"Oh, where did she head off to?" Narumiya asked.

"She went straight there, probably," you said, pointing to the direction as you two walked towards there.

"Probably? For real, (First Name)?!"

"Shut up. Not like you paid attention anyways," you said, pouting momentarily.

Narumiya smiled for a second before continuing. "(First Name)! Let's have a bet who will find (Cousin's Name) first!" he smiled brightly, before racing ahead of you.

"Ah— Prince, you cheater!" you yelled as you ran after him.

[ E x t r a . . . ]      

Eru: The "Searching for (Cousin's Name) Game" never ended...  because both Narumiya and (First Name)... got hit by a baseball bat by Masa-senpai. . .

Narumiya and (First Name): EHHH!!!!?

Masatoshi: /sighs/