✧ Hideaki Toujou x Reader ➁

* ✫ ❚ -ˋˏ✦ˎˊ- ❚ ✫ *

L a c k i n g

You found yourself in the streets, just in front of you is the public Christmas tree in the center of the city. You were looking at the tree alone, sighing. Thinking of how busy you get and didn't have much time to visit your parents in your hometown. Living in the city to work gets lonely especially during the holidays where everyone were having fun with their families. Not you. It was late evening when your boss dismissed you from your work. Really, such an arse.

Deciding to have a walk back to your place, you stood up from your seat across the Christmas tree and started walking. Someone bumped into you and accidentally throwing their hot chocolate all over your coat. You winched by the contact of some of the chocolate accidentally touching your skin, scalding you. But you were too tired to react so you looked between the words, "It's-no-big-deal" and "Whoever-you-are-you're-dead".

"I'm sorry!"

"It's no big deal, except my skin got a little burned," you said flatly.

That was your first encounter with each other. It was quite fun at least, to think of how the fourth pitcher kept apologizing even though you made sure to tell him, it was fine. He made sure to pay you back somehow though. He offered his coat to you but when you imagined wearing it, you would look too funny considering it would be too big for you, so you declined his offer.

Then you started seeing each other to the point of going out and dating.

Years later, together with the members of the Seidou baseball team, you all threw a Christmas party when the coaches weren't around as they finally attended their own Christmas party. You noticed that the Christmas cake is missing. Must be the boys and their fast metabolism.

"Watch it!" you complained as Sawamura threw an excess wrapping at Furuya in anger while your boyfriend Toujou and Kanemaru were snickering in the background.

"Hey, mates, I'm going out to buy another cake," you informed the boys who nodded in response. "I didn't even get to taste it!"

Your boyfriend walked to you, worried. What he was concerned about was something you did not know.

"I'll come with you," he says briefly as he started putting on his shoes.

"Nah, Aki. I can handle myself. Go and have fun!" you smiled and ultimately, you went out on your own. 

Eventually, hours passed and it was late. No one noticed the time except Chris-senpai.

"It's already time. Let's clean up and get some sleep," was what the manager instructed. Everything seemed accounted for and everyone started to head back to their rooms.

"Where's (First Name)?" Kanemaru asked his buddy as he was about to head back to his dorm but remembered you.

"I don't know. She hasn't returned yet," Toujou said worried about you.

Ultimately, Toujou was the last in the large but empty dining room. He waited for you to come back. Something that will never happen.

On your way back, you were humming a song by Momoiro Clover Z. After all, you were beginning to like the band because of your adorable boyfriend's fondness of them, you ended up memorizing all songs.

Strolling on the sidewalk, you looked up to the front, failing to see the out-of-control car behind you. You didn't know what was happening until you felt the ground, the coldness, and the liquid surrounding you before everything turned pitch black. You couldn't see, hear, feel, and sense anything that surrounds you. The last thing you saw was the deep red on the ground. Might that be your blood? You lost the battle when the last thoughts and words registered in your mind, "Hideaki..."

[ E x t r a . . . ]

After your...

After losing you, Toujou made it a commitment to go every year to the public Christmas tree, thinking how you two first met each other. He missed all the Christmas parties, his friends were throwing but he didn't care. As the reminiscence kept going on his mind, he didn't realize that he was crying as he thought about you.

Hello mates! How are you all? I am not sorry for killing you like that right off the bat. I'm well aware that it is way past Christmas time and all like duh, it's currently May 30 here. So yeah, but I couldn't careless. I hope I am not gonna hear anything like "But it's not even Christmas time" from you lot bc I might hex you. Have a nice day! :)