Walk In My Shoes

She's safe. She's in my bed. In our bed, sleeping. Sleeping. Recovering the best way, through sleep, aided by a pill I gave her as soon as she woke up. I had to make her sleep, I didn't know what else was going to happen. She's the only reason I'm trying now.
Quickly run downstairs, open the closet..the weapon closet. Grab a .45 pistol, it's a small job.
LOCK THE DOOR
Twenty minutes, then I'm there. Park in the closest neighborhood. Then walk to the book store on this Sunday morning.
"Hey Frank, where's chance? She doesn't work until Monday." The boss asks from the bookshelves.
Don't answer her, it'll make things harder.
"Hello?" Her eyes lack trust and seem freaked out.
BANG!
Bullet between her eyes.
The other girl comes running out of the back room, screaming as loud as she can.
Her running makes me use two bullets
BANG! BANG!
then she's down.
Now Chance is free, she doesn't need to work anymore, I'll take care of her.
Leave through the back door, shoot out the front door camera from behind. walk back to your car, then grab a coffee and a box of muffins in the café drive thru for Chance, she'll need it when you get home. She's been sleeping since yesterday, only waking up to groggily drink a little and use the bathroom.
Thoughts race on the twenty minute drive home, good ones for Chance, bad ones for me.
I'm back in the game again, I forgot how it felt to feel my heart beat against my ribcage, other than when I'm fucking someone. That's normally the only time.
Enough of that though, I need to unlock the door.

(A/N: I need to stop reading so much Stephen King, I'm starting to *attempt* to write like him)