Chapter Sixteen

The guys led us out of the locker room and through the maze of tunnels under the arena to the players' parking lot. Tay and I stood there as the players peeled off to their cars. Jason Demers stood next to me with his hands in his pockets, studying the cement under his feet. Jamie and Jordie pulled up next to us and rolled the window down, "Need a lift?"

"Yes, please," I replied.

"He was talking to Jason," Jordie chuckled from the passenger seat.

"Oh, whoops. Could you at least tell us how to get to the parking garage?" I blushed.

"Yeah, get in, we'll drop you off. Come on Demers, we can fit all of you," Jamie said.

"We can take Jason with us," I volunteered, "we'll probably need the help getting around."

"You have GPS," Tay said.

"Yeah, you have a GPS," Jordie laughed.

"I'll go with them, I always get a ride with you guys," Jason said. "Besides, they're prettier than you."

"Aww, thanks," Tay and I said.

"Don't you go getting ideas, Demers; remember what I told you," Jamie growled.

"Aye, aye, Captain," Jason rolled his eyes from where he sat between Tay and I.

We rolled up to the curb and Jordie turned around, "End of the line!"

"Yeah, get out of my car!" Jamie said with a grin on his face.

"Thanks, Jamie, Jordie," I kissed them each on their cheeks and climbed out of the SUV.

"Now I'm jealous," Jason muttered as he followed.

"Aww, poor you," Tay mocked.

"I know, my life is so rough," Jason replied with a smirk. We walked into the parking structure and I unlocked my car.

"I call shotgun!" Tay and Jason yelled at the same time. They sprinted to the car and despite Jason's athletic prowess, Tay beat him to the truck.

"Maybe I should drive, seeing as I'm the one who knows the city..." Jason suggested, eyeing the keys in my hand. 

I hugged the front bumper of the truck, "No one else gets to drive my baby."

"I drive her sometimes!" Tay piped up.

"Yeah, so what difference is it if I drive it?" Jason pouted at me.

"I don't trust you," I muttered opening the door.

"Rude," Jason shot back.

"Did you want a ride or not?" I demanded.

"Yes! Yes, I do," Jason replied quickly.

"Great, get in," I motioned for him to slide into the center of the bench. He clambered into the truck and I followed right behind. "Alright, Mr. Navigator, where are we going?"

"Can I see your phone? I don't know which bar it is," Jason asked and I handed it over. He typed away at it,
but I didn't know what he was doing since I was focusing on driving. "Okay, turn right at the next street."

I executed a stellar right turn on a yellow light and pressed down on the gas as we got onto the main road. I turned on the radio and "Country Girl" by Luke Bryan was playing. Tay and I started jamming and Demers just shook his head.

"Got a problem, hon?" Tay asked him.

"You southern girls and your country music," was all he said.