Chapter Two

Tay met me back at the barn a little while later after I had watched the tall, slim figure of Tyler Seguin disappear into the crowd. I felt bad for turning him away, it was rude, but he had a reputation for being trouble and I couldn't trust him to keep me out of trouble.

"What's bothering you, hon?" Tay asked. We had been friends since kindergarten and could always tell when something was wrong with the other one.

"It's nothing," I brushed her off. I didn't want her to know that I was catching feelings for a guy. Tay was a little boy-crazy and she'd push me to go after him and fall in love and live happily ever after, but I knew it would never happen so I hoped she would drop it. Unfortunately, Tay was also very stubborn.

"It ain't nothing. You're mopey. How can you be so mopey when Brad Paisley is on stage?" Then she gasped, "Is it a boy? Did you meet a boy while I was gone?"

"Tay," I complained.

"You did! Spill! C'mon, tell me everything," her eyes lit up and she stared at me intently, waiting for me to come clean; she was practically buzzing with excitement.

"I met a guy, but he was trouble, and you know how I feel about trouble, so I told him to get lost," I explained, leaving out the part about the guy being Tyler Seguin.

"Andi, you do know that not every guy is going to be trouble."

"But he was, trust me," I insisted.

"You say that every time, hon," she shook her head.

"Come on, Tay, let's go back and listen to the music," I dragged her with me back into the crowd, knowing some good, old country music would cheer her up.

Later that night I found myself sitting in one of the more popular bars in Dallas with Tay, who had insisted that we go out and listen to some other music and have a drink. Well, she was going to have a drink. Tay knew better than to think I would drink.

"Keep Austin Weird. That's a funny shirt, darlin'," Tyler slurred from behind me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and gave me a sloppy kiss on the cheek. "I missed you," he whispered in my ear.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped, sliding out from under his arm.

"Partying, what does it look like I'm doing? You're in my town, Andrea darlin'."

"Andi, we should go dance!" Tay shouted, turning to face me. "Oh, a boy. Is this the one from earli-"

I covered her mouth with my hand. "Yeah, dancing sounds good." I got up and dragged her away from Tyler to the center of the mass of sweaty, moving bodies.

"That's him, isn't it? The one you said was trouble?"

"Yes," I replied grimly.

"He's a tall glass of water. Mmmm, mmmm! Probably talks sweeter than your auntie's sweet tea."

"Probably," I nodded.

"He looks really familiar," she scrunched her eyebrows together, trying to remember who he was in her not-so-sober state.

"C'mon, Tay. I make you watch all the time," I prodded, hoping to inspire her memory.

"He isn't Tony Romo; you make me watch him all the time."

"Taaaayyy, wrong sport."

"Baseball?"

"No."

"Basketball?"

"Eww, no! Really, Tay? Do the Dallas Stars sound familiar?" I demanded.

She gasped, "He's their hot, little, ladies' man forward! Isn't he? Isn't he?" She was getting excited. I nodded. "Oh, hon, you've got it bad," she shook her head at me, as if she was a doctor telling me I had a bad case of the flu.