Chapter Four

I woke up later to find Tyler eating breakfast at the table in the corner of the room. "Morning, Andi," he said through a mouthful of a breakfast sandwich.

"Morning," I mumbled, stretching.

"I got you some food, I didn't know what you would like..." He trailed off and motioned to the bags on the table from McDonald's.

I walked over and picked up a sandwich, "Thanks."

"Not much of a morning person, are you, darlin'?" He asked, his smirk returning. I shook my head and ate my sandwich. "Night owl. I like it."

"Don't make me regret becoming your friend," I muttered.

"Aww, darlin', why do you have to assume I meant something by that?" But I could tell from the laughter dancing in his eyes that he had intended there to be a double meaning in his words. I just glared at him and he laughed, crumpling up his wrapper and reaching for a breakfast burrito.

"Aren't you supposed to be a professional athlete?" I demanded.

"Yeah..." He looked at me quizzically, unsure of what I was getting at.

"Then how come you keep putting that shit away? Don't you know it's unhealthy?"

He reached behind the bags, pulled out a Gatorade, and made a big show of drinking it.

I rolled my eyes, "I meant you should eat something healthy like fruit or a salad or I don't know, not that," I gestured at the McDonald's.

"Afraid I won't be in shape for the season?" He teased.

I snorted, "I don't care, I'm more of a Demers fan myself."

"Ouch," he covered his heart.

"Thought you should know," I shrugged and finished my sandwich. I stood up, "Thanks for breakfast. I should go check on Tay. See you around."

"You love ditching me," he muttered, but I pretended not to hear. "What are you doing later?" He asked as I opened the door. He had followed me and was leaning against the door frame.

"We're going to stay for the end of the festival and then go home," I replied.

"Where's home?"

"Austin."

"Not too far," he smiled.

"Nope," I paused, "Are you going to the festival today?" I wasn't sure why I had asked.

"Maybe for a bit. I have to see Jamie and Jordie off, but after that I might come," he nodded.

"Okay," I said.

I opened the door to my room and almost hit Tay who was standing there waiting for me. "Sorry, girl," I said, my mind not all there.

"How's Tyler?" She smirked.

"He's fine now; doesn't seem too hung over. He said he might come to the festival again today," I informed her.

"Really?" She squealed.

"Yes, really," I smiled thinking of seeing him again.

"Well, we better get you all dolled up then, hon; Blake Shelton goes on in an hour and we don't want to miss that," with that she steered me to the bed and started pulling out clothes and makeup.

"Tay," I said, exasperated.

"What?" She asked.

"I don't want to get 'all dolled up', I want to look like myself," I explained.

"Okay, fine," she dropped the sundress she had been holding back into the bag. She had on a tied up plaid shirt, short denim shorts, cowgirl boots and her cowgirl hat. I grabbed a Texas Tech shirt, a pair of shorts, a baseball cap and my Nikes and stood up to leave. Tay gave me a once over, rolled her eyes and finished packing so we could check out.

We left the hotel and got a good spot back at the field where the music festival was taking place. The band was warming up and doing a sound check so Taylor and I sat on the ground and waited.

"I know you like him," she accused, "and don't give me any of that I just met him crap, I know you do."

"What reason do I have to like him then, if you're so smart," I replied.

"You're attracted to his dark side. And he's hot."

"Oh, for heaven's sake, Tay! I wouldn't only like him 'cause he's hot!" I cried.

"So you do like him," she grinned triumphantly.

"No, we're just friends."

"Sure," she rolled her eyes.

"Tay," I said, giving her a dirty look.

"I believe you," she paused and lowered her voice, "not." I decided to ignore that comment.

People had started crowding around the stage so Tay and I stood up, ready for some country music. Blake started us off with some of his new singles including "Sangria", which I absolutely adored. After a little while, Blake said he'd play us an older song and the opening chords of "Austin" echoed across the field and I couldn't keep the smile from my face.

A strong pair of hands rested lightly on my waist and Tyler whispered in my ear, "Wanna dance, darlin'?" I turned and wrapped my arms around his neck. We swayed gently to the music and I laughed when he made a funny face at me.

"I thought you had to say goodbye to the Benns," I said after the song finished. I had noticed that he'd changed into a muscle tee, but had kept the same hat from before.

"I already did. I figured I should see you off, too," he replied.

"We aren't leaving for a few hours," I said.

Tyler shrugged and gave me a smile, clearly not bothered by that, "Well, I'll stick around until you do go."

He kept his word, hanging out with Tay and me until it was time for us to go. Tyler walked us back to my truck and gave me an awkward hug. "I guess I'll see you around," I said.

"I better be seeing you around, darlin'," he winked.

"Okay, Seguin," I rolled my eyes and drove off, watching him shrink in my rearview mirror.

Author's Note

Hey, hey, hockey fans! Please vote and comment to let me know what you thought of this chapter. I have a lot of ideas for this story and I'm hoping to post an update shortly!