Chapter 33: Stepping Up The Game

"Think twice before cheating on a girl. They got something up their sleeves you don't know."

--

"What is wrong with you?" You questioned, stomping inside Sarah's room and slamming the door close. The impact was strong, causing some books fall to he ground. Sarah wasn't startled by your sudden appearance and nor did she turn or respond to you, she kept staring at the ceiling with no interest to do anything about your raging form.

Annoyed by her ignorance, you grabbed her by the side and made her sit on the swivel chair that was early on the ground. "Tell me what's wrong with you." You demanded, boring your eyes into hers like a piercing knife.

Sarah sighs, plugging her earphones put from her ears. "What were you saying again?" She asked.

All this time, she was wearing her earphones!

"I said, why are you being such a jerk to Hiro?" You asked.

"I'm not. I'm just interested in the game, I forced to play with the by him so I was in a bad mood. And I wouldn't let him kiss me, even if he paid me! If he will keep acting like a jerk and continue calling that Ashley girl, then he can say goodbye to our mutual understanding." She grumbles, crossing her arms and pouting as she averted her gaze from yours.

You smirked. "You really like him. You're so jealous."

"I do not!" Sarah denied.

"Sure, I'm so convinced." You sarcastically responded, rolling your eyes.

"I'm not jealous and I never will be!" She denied one more time.

"Whatever you say. I have better things to do than fight about your pathetic love life." You said, leaving her as she thrashed around, screaming how much she did not like Hiro, something you will never believe.

After freshening up and dressing in your semi formal outfit, you bid goodbye to your parents and left. You waited for Kaize outside the house, tapping your foot as you waited for him. Soon, you saw his run down car parking in front of you. He stepped out and you cringed at his clothes. It was kinda a gangster style, which you didn't like. You prefer light colors and clothes that doesn't scream "I'm a swaggy gangster".

"Hi (Y/N)." Kaize halted for a few seconds, just staring at you. "Wow, you look....wow."

I know! Geez!

"Thank you," you said, trying to press a fake blush on your cheeks which was a fail. "Let's go?"

***

If anything, hanging out with Kaize is actually far worst than having to deal with everything bad in this hole universe. He was trying to be interesting but everything that came out of his mouth was boring and uninteresting. It was unexpected coming from him because he used to be fun and easy to talk to but no he was just plain boring. That or you had just changed so much that your sense of fun was in higher standards.

This was your first date with Kaize in the dating stage. You expected that he will be all out to try ad impress you but it surprised you how boring he was. He brought you to a water park, which was kinda a turn off because you have visited it a thousand times with Iana. He also brought you to an arcade but you ended up watching him play those video games. And last and the very least, he brought you to his home, which was an apartment. It was tidy to say at least but his food that he made for you was good enough to bard out. You spent a few minutes trying to puke it out.

He tried being a gentleman to you but in the end, you were the one trying to be the gentleman for he did nothing to make you feel precious. Not like how Tadashi does.

At the end of the day, you once again celebrated enduring hours with Kaize.

When you got out of his car, you found yourself trying to think of a good way to simply tell Kaize to get lost.

"Thanks for today, Kaize." You lied. "It was fun. I really hate it when a day ends after hanging with you." A lie again.

Kaize shrugs. "Me too. I had so much fun with you (Y/N). I know I'm not the best dater ever, but that k you for putting up with me."

I didn't want to

"I look forward for our next day. I'll try to be better next time." He says.

Please don't

You smiled. "You don't have to. I enjoy just being with you. Having you beside me is good enough. No need for chocolates or roses."

Kaize grins sheepishly, blushing. "This might sound weird but....how much do you love me (Y/N)?" He asked.

You could feel yourself trying to chase away the laughter that wanted to blast from your mouth. But it was replaced by disgust she yu realized what you had to do to make him fall for your trap. You tip toes and crashed your lips with him.

Your eyes were closed tightly, as though you were only forced to do so, which was true. For Iana's sake.

You felt Kaize kiss back, roughly though. You swore your lips will bruise right after this horrible kiss. When you broke the kiss, you tried to tug a sile upon your lips.

"That much," you said.

"Wow, you're just so wow, (Y/N). I don't know why to say."

"There's nothing to say, really."

"You're a great kisser."

"Thanks." You said but then saw light coming from your house. "I need to go now. I hope we can have a date again."

"Wait, just wait. What happened to you and Tadashi? Are you two friends?"

You smiled. "We are."

Then you went inside, glad that you were finally away from Kaize.

"Who was that guy?" Dad asked, giving you a suspicious look.

"A nobody." You replied.

--