My Wonderful New Job

The last two days of the week managed to crawl by until Saturday. My mom and I decided to hit the mall first so I could find some new jackets too. I end up raiding a really cool shop that I will never remember the name of. I found a wolf jacket and a dragon jacket that were really cool and on sale so they both cost together like thirty bucks. Then I found a skateboard shop that has everything a skater could ever want. I managed to find three pairs of converse and ten skateboards and the store owner and I hit it off so he gave my mom and I a discount so that all ended up to be 300 bucks. He even offered me a job and I took him up on his offer so my first day will be Monday after school. First job at fifteen in a skateboard shop. I think that other than dad showing up my life's going well. I hope it waits a bit before throwing me another curveball other than mom leaving for a month. I can't help but feel my spirits going up on Sunday when I run into Quinn.

"Hey you should totally like come skate with Micah and me." He says inviting me.

"Yeah I should! I got ten new boards yesterday and there's this wolf one that I really like. I'll bring that one." I say rushing back into my apartment and grabbing the board with wolves howling at the moon on it.

"Dude that really is a cool board! Alright today we're gonna be on a half pipe so you can show me and Micah that awesome trick." He says and we skate to a skate park where Micah's already there waiting for us.

"New board?" he asks me and I grin.

"Yep. I absolutely love it too." I say.

"Sweet. I already warmed up but you guys probably should." I notice that there are other skaters there and I head to a smaller ramp where I do a couple tiny tricks and then go back to the half pipe.

"Do I have to do this here?" I ask knowing I'll get a bunch of unwanted attention after I do it.

"If you wanna prove that the trick wasn't a fluke then yeah!" Quinn says and I groan.

"Fine but only once!" I say climbing up the ladder. I put my skateboard down and go down the side a little more quickly than I would've liked. Instead of doing the trick I do a 360 and 180 because I'm to high up. Once I go back up the other side I grab the inside of the half pipe with one hand and hold my board with the other twisting in the air like a cat and going back down.

"Dude seriously that trick is amazing." Quinn says amazed.

"Thanks man. It took years to master."

Mikey POV:

I sneaked out of the lair to go watch normal people skateboard, but when I saw her skateboard trick I almost screamed with excitement. Damn it why am I a turtle? Whyyy? I wanna meet dragon girl! I mean her eyes change to look like a dragon's when she's concentrating. It's so cool! And her hair's red while her eyes are a deep blue that I've never seen before. Agh, whyyyyyy do I have to be a turtle? Maybe if she met me she wouldn't be scared. 'She's human Mikey, they'll never accept us!' is what Raph would say. God I wanna meet her and skating with her would be so awesome! She'd be able to show me some stuff and I'd be able to show her some stuff too! When I finish thinking so much I go back to the lair.

"Where did you go Mikey?" Leo asks me when I get back.

"Um nowhere." I say nervously.

"How many times have we told you to not go up to the surface when it's daytime? How many times?" he says exasperated.

"Um a lot. But listen I found this girl who skateboard's reallllyyyy well! I think she'd accept us." I say.

"Is she human?" Raph asks me and I nod.

"Then she won't accept us."

"April accepted us!" I say.

"Because her dad was kidnapped by Krang!" Donnie tells me and I throw my hands up in the air.

"Fine geez!" I say crossing my arms and turning around sighing. Okay so like I remember a few times where I had a good feeling about something and I was wrong, but I remember a few times where I've been right about someone. And yeah I'm the youngest and most immature, but still they could try to encourage me sometimes. I go to my room and fish around under the bed, close the door, and pop open the last beer of my stash. Damn I'm out again! I groan and find my notebook propping my pillows up and start drawing. It ends up looking like all my brothers staring at me accusingly while something strange happened. I take a sip of my beer before I hear a knock. I take another drink and hide it under my bed.

"Yeah?" I ask as Raph comes in.

"Bro I'm sorry. It's just when someone's human and they see us they don't see us." He says and I look at him confused.

"Why do you care?"

"There's a human that I'm kinda interested in, but I'd just be a monster to them." He says and I smack him upside the head.

"Ya know I'm normally the one screwing up and everything but Raph listen up! If you actually like this human then you should talk to them no matter what. And if they think your a monster so be it. But if they accept you then think about all the memories you could make!" I tell him and he nods.

A/N: I promise I did not mean to make Mikey so out of character! I'm sorry!