Chapter Nine: The One Where Millie Finds Out More

My eyes snapped opened when I felt the cold air. I sat up. I wasn't in the woods anymore, I was in someones house, definitely not mine. Not Sarah's. The AC was cranked up very high.

"You're awake." I turn around and see Harry. His green eyes looked dark, his demeanor was a bit scary.

"Where am I?" I ask.

"Gordon's house." That name sounded familiar. "He's an Alpha, in charge of one of the packs."

"What happened?" I felt a bit of an ache in my leg, I remember falling. I remember the werewolves, they were trying to kill me. I remember screaming and they ran far away from me.

"You wore yourself out."

"I screamed, it was so loud. It scared the werewolves and everything else away from me." I was scared. What was I? "I've never done that before."

"I've only heard of that kind of scream in legends, it's like a sonic scream. We could hear it all the way to Sarah's house, and I'm sure others heard it, too." I was just drawing a lot of attention to myself lately, wasn't I?

"You took power from the Earth around you, which is why we found the part of the forest you were lying on dead. You're very powerful, whoever made you must have been powerful, too." The man was old, scruffy, gray hair, gray eyes. He was intimidating.

"Who are you?"

"Gordon." He shakes my hand. "It's nice to finally meet you, Millie."

"You, too." I look at him then I look at Harry. Then back at Gordon. They have a slight resemblance.

"He's my nephew." Gordon says, answering my silent question. "My brothers child."

"Oh." Harry mentioned that Luke and him lived with their uncle for awhile, I didn't know his uncle was the alpha of the pack.

"I need to go home." I say. I grab my jacket and walk past them. This is too much. I just want my normal life back. My parents must be worried that I haven't come home, yet.

I'm halfway out the door when I sense Harry right behind me. I've started to distinguish smells, steps, and breathing. I was practicing at home.

"Don't follow me."

"You were just attacked, they could be waiting for you at your house." My heart dropped. That made me walk faster.

"My family is there, I need to protect them." I don't know how I knew which way was home, must be a werewolf instinct.

"I'll walk with you, since I'm sure you don't know how to protect yourself." I rolled my eyes, but I let him come with.

When I got to my house, Harry walked me to the door. It was a ten minute walk from his uncles house to mine. I just kind of stared at him before I began to say goodbye, but my mother opened the door.

"Millie! We were worried, and about to call the police." She hugged me, she was in her scrubs. She should be at work right now. "I came home as soon as your father said you didn't come back after dropping off your brother. I thought something terrible had happened."

When she pulled away, she noticed Harry a few steps away. My mother was never mean, I don't think I've ever seen her roll her eyes or hate someone. Hate. The look she was giving Harry was filled with hate.

"What are you doing here?" She asks. Do they know each other?

"I was just dropping her off." Harry says.

"Millie, you stay away from him. His family is no good." My eyes widened as the words came out of my sweet mothers mouth.

"Mom, no. He's my friend." She looked at me and looked at him. What was she trying to see?

"Who told her?" She asks him.

"She went to the Wolf Club out of her own free will. She found out there." My mother knew I was part werewolf? Has my whole life been a lie? Even my normal parents knew?

"What's going on?" I ask and I ask Harry.

"Your mother used to be a werewolf. She also dated Gordon as a teenager."